Weaver And Angels Beat Jays

New, 27 comments
inal - 6.3.2009 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Los Angeles Angels 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 3 0 8 13 0
Toronto Blue Jays 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 5 1
WP: Jered Weaver (5 - 2)
LP: Casey Janssen (1 - 2)

Complete Coverage >

Not much to say about that one, it wasn't fun. Jered Weaver was very good, 7 innings just 3 hits, 2 walks, 1 run and 10 strike outs. Our bats were terrible except for Adam Lind who was 3 for 4 with 2 doubles. Our over two hits were from Overbay and Scutaro. Everyone else was 0 for.

Casey Janssen was terrible, even the outs were hit hard. He only lasted 4 innings, giving up 7 hits, including 4 doubles and a homer. I don't know, man, I really thought Janssen would be good this season, but he's had 3 starts and now has a 5.82 ERA. With all the choices we have for starting pitcher, I don't know how much longer the Jays will go with Casey. I know Purcey wasn't great at the start of the season, but at least he would have the odd guy miss a pitch.

Shawn Camp pitched 3 really good innings, as much as I was looking forward to seeing Hayhurst pitch. Jesse Carlson had a hard luck inning. An infield single, then a error by Rolen put him behind the 8 ball. He gave up 3 runs just one earned. Ryan pitched the ninth and was helped out by a great running catch by Vernon Wells, to get through the inning without a run.

No Jay of the Day today. Camp, Lind and Overbay get honorable mention. Janssen is the only Jay to get Suckage numbers (-.269). Millar and Rolen came close to Suckage numbers. Wells had a sad 0 fer too.

Even worse than the game was listening to Rod Black and Pat Tabler try to talk with Avril Lavigne. Made it seem like none of the three of them had 2 IQ points to rub together.

Tomorrow we have an early game with Brian Tallet (3-3. 4.26) going against John Lackey (1-1, 6.05). A 12:30 start that doesn't appear to be on TV.