L.A.'s Fine the Sun Shines All the Time: Angels at Jays Game Thread

New, 536 comments

Yeah it's a Neil Diamond song reference. No I'm not proud. Hugo needs to come back and do these obscure song references.

Anyway, big line up news. Vernon's sitting today. Lind moves up to his spot. Lind seems to be swinging that bat better the last couple of days so worth a shot. Vernon's totally lost at the plate. I keep saying that Cito and Tenace are great batting coaches but seems like when a guy is in a slump nothing helps. Rolen and Barajas also have the day off. With the running Rod has done the last few days, he's likely stiff.

Anyway the line up:

DT

Los Angeles Angels Toronto Blue Jays
Chone Figgins - 3B Marco Scutaro - SS
Erick Aybar - SS Aaron Hill - 2B
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Alex Rios - CF
Torii Hunter - CF Adam Lind - LF
Juan Rivera - RF Kevin Millar - DH
Kendry Morales - 1B Lyle Overbay - 1B
Mike Napoli - C Jose Bautista - 3B
Robb Quinlan - LF Raul Chavez - C
Howie Kendrick - 2B Joe Inglett - RF

John Lackey goes against the Jays. Hopefully he doesn't improve on his 6.05 ERA. Brian Tallet has been terrific as a starter so have to feel good about this one. But that bottom of that lineup doesn't give you the 'warm all over' feeling.

Anyway is about game time. Join me in the thread.