Dallas is a Jewel, Dallas is a Beautiful Sight: Game Thread Jays at Rangers

New, 594 comments

Tonight we have the Jays starting a 4 game series against the Rangers. Casey Janssen (1-2) goes against Scott Feldman (5-0, 3.79). Janssen hasn't looked good so far this season, which make me sad cause I expected better from him. Feldman started the season in the bullpen but has now made 8 starts for the Rangers. He's been very consistent as a starter, he's never pitched fewer than 5 innings and never more than 6.2 in a start yet this season. Am hoping we knock him out early tonight.

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Texas Rangers

06/08/09 8:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Texas Rangers
Marco Scutaro - SS Ian Kinsler - 2B
Aaron Hill - 2B Michael Young - 3B
Alex Rios - RF Hank Blalock - DH
Vernon Wells - CF Nelson Cruz - RF
Adam Lind - LF David Murphy - LF
Scott Rolen - 3B Marlon Byrd - CF
Lyle Overbay - 1B Chris Davis - 1B
Kevin Millar - DH Jarrod Saltalamacchia - C
Rod Barajas - C Elvis Andrus - SS

Our same lineup as always. I don't get why Overbay is batting 7th when he's getting on base so well. Miller's been terrible with the bat lately, but maybe he'll pull out of it tonight. We dumped Snider when he was hitting better than this. If you can't hit and can't field....why do you get a major league roster spot.

Anyway if you've miss it, we've had a bit of information on this series on the site today. Hugo answered some questions for the Dallas Morning News, Hugo is clearly the smartest guy I know, but he's off to a Decemberists concert tonight, so we'll miss him in the thread. Also Adam Morris from Lone Star Ball aanswered a few questions from me about the Rangers.

Today's thread title comes from a song called Dallas writen by Jimmie Dale Gilmore. Yeah I know the Rangers play in Arlington but it will do. The only time I've seen the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington was from a plane, landing there one time. It looks beautiful.

Join us in the thread.