I've Been Preparing for Days, I Know Exactly What to Say: GameThread for Toronto Blue Jays at Texas Rangers, 9 June 2009, 8:05 PM EDT

New, 354 comments

After opening the series in Texas with a win last night, Brian Tallet and the Jays look for their third straight win against the Rangers in the second game of the series tonight. For Texas, Doug Mathis makes his first start and second appearance of the 2009 season just two days after his 26th birthday. Let's cross our fingers that he's still hung over (though not in the David Wells perfect game sense) and the Jays can get to him early. Standard lineup against righties tonight, with Millar DHing and batting 8th.

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Texas Rangers

06/09/09 8:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Texas Rangers
Marco Scutaro - SS Ian Kinsler - 2B
Aaron Hill - 2B Michael Young - 3B
Alex Rios - RF Andruw Jones - DH
Vernon Wells - CF Nelson Cruz - RF
Adam Lind - LF Marlon Byrd - CF
Scott Rolen - 3B Brandon Boggs - LF
Lyle Overbay - 1B Chris Davis - 1B
Kevin Millar - DH Jarrod Saltalamacchia - C
Rod Barajas - C Elvis Andrus - SS

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Brian Tallet 3-3 4.54 1.26 53 32

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Doug Mathis 0-0 0.00 0.00 1 0

In other news, don't expect Jesse Litsch to be back in 2009 and possibly not even in 2010, as he goes in for Tommy John surgery on Friday.

And finally, in regards to tonight's draft, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Jays pick Tim Wheeler, an outfielder from Sacramento State, but that is admittedly only because he shares a name with the frontman for the band Ash, whose song "Petrol" inspired today's post-title in reference to tonight's draft.