Jesse Litsch to Have Tommy John Surgery

In some very sad, but not very surprising, news, Jesse Litsch is going to need ligament replacement surgery.  Hat tip to adam, who first posted about this in the fanposts.

I have to say, I saw this coming from the moment Litsch left that game in his second start, but what's strange about this is that Jesse had a few MRIs and supposedly they all revealed no ligament damage.  Not much to say, other than it is incredibly frustrating for yet another of our young quality pitchers to go under the knife, and, of course, to wish Jesse a full and speedy recovery.  I do think we have the pitching to cover for him.  Get well, Jesse.