FanPost

Rolen gone but not forgotten...

When I learned Toronto had traded Rolen to the Reds, I was both surprised and disappointed. I have followed baseball for about 20-25 years, and I've never seen a third baseman consistently baffle the oppositon with amazing plays from his position such as Rolen has this year. Ed Encarnacion is the main piece of the puzzle coming back here, he's only 26-years of age and he did hit 25 homers for the Reds last year. The other prospects, P Josh Roenicke is 27 and has a 2.74 era in 13 innings pitched for Cincinnati this year. Zach Stewart is also a young pitcher from the Reds minor league system. I like this trade, We've acquired a young third baseman who is young and has potential, and receiving two additional young pitchers is only an added bonus...