But I don't want to go among mad people - Gm 161 - Jays @ Twins

New, comments

This has been a fun season. Lots of stuff to debate and criticize about how the team is run or not run. To me that is one of the best parts about being a fan. You can sit back and say "That is not what I would have done at all" and yet that doesn't change how you feel about the team in the end. If one move makes you not want to the fan of a certain team I would put forth that you weren't really a fan in the first place.

One of best examples of debates that I have seen this year is the Halladay to Taylor to Wallace to Gose trading sequence. It took some time but most people seem to come to grips with Halladay leaving and when we instantly flipped Wallace for Taylor we had most people tell us how great a move it was because it got us the player that was most major league ready and would take over for us at first. We spent the year eagerly watching his progress in Vegas and screaming for him to get called up early when Overbay was struggling to kick off the year. Now when he was first traded a lot of people were angry, we were trading our 1st basemen of the future for a low prospect (albeit with a high ceiling). Now after some more time has passed and Wallace has struggled in his 1st 100 at bats in the majors which is quite common we have people saying how horrible he is. Its a great example of how fans will over-rate their own prospects and under-rate everyone elses. Wallace is the same player but yet when he was in our organization he was a the future and now he is a bust. Being a fan is great.

Today Marcum goes in search of his 14th win in his last start of the season. This has been a great bounceback season for Marcum coming back from surgery. His changeup is as deadly as ever (especially to Lefties) and has been a great leader for the pitching rotation. He takes on Brian Duensing of the Twins.

2010 - Shaun Marcum 13-8 30 30 1 0 0 0 188.1 176 81 76 24 43 161 3.63 1.16

2010 - Brian Duensing 10-3 52 12 1 1 0 0 125.2 115 38 34 10 31 75 2.44 1.16

Hey look! Mike "damnit Cito I'm an infielder" McCoy gets another start in OF! This time he is replacing Snider in LF and leading off. I guess Snider blew his chance since he didnt continue his 12 game hitting streak and didn't hit another home run. Still no JPA but Molina gets the start behind home plate and Buck starts at DH. So JPA, Lind and Snider all sitting.

Tune in after the jump for Series info and Lineups

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-0

Thu 09/30 WP: Casey Janssen (5 - 2)
LP: Francisco Liriano (14 - 10)
13 - 2 win
Fri 10/01 WP: Ricky Romero (14 - 9)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Jesse Crain (1 - 1)
6 - 3 win

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Minnesota Twins

Saturday, Oct 2, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Target Field

Shaun Marcum vs Brian Duensing

Sunny. Winds blowing from left to right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 50.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 10/03 2:10 PM EDT

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Minnesota Twins

10/02/10 1:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Minnesota Twins
Mike McCoy - LF Denard Span - CF
Yunel Escobar - SS Orlando Hudson - 2B
Jose Bautista - RF Delmon Young - LF
Vernon Wells - CF Jim Thome - DH
Lyle Overbay - 1B Danny Valencia - 3B
Aaron Hill - 2B Jason Kubel - RF
John Buck - DH Jose Morales - 1B
Edwin Encarnacion - 3B Alexi Casilla - SS
Jose Molina - C Drew Butera - C

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland (the book not the movie)