Warning: May Contain Nuts - Gm 162 - Jays @ Twins

New, comments

Here we are. The last game of the year which will be broadcasted coast to coast (well not really) on Sportsnet One. It really has been a fun year and with the number of home runs we have hit it never felt as if we were out of any game.

We've had a few ups and downs and had our June not been so bad we would right in contention, but in a year that we were pegged to finish last we have plenty of reasons to celebrated, chiefly amongst those being the growth of our young pitching staff, the emergence of Bautista, the bounceback of Wells and the vast improvement of our minor league system.

Yes, we still had some tough series against the AL East and we still have a ways to go. But just remember to always look on the bright side of life, and remember the good things that happened to us this year. For the first time in years I feel as if the team is heading in the right direction.

To close out the year we have Scrabble taking the mound for the Jays in what is his last chance to impress the brass before spring training next year. There has been some talk on the site on whether or not he might be a good reliever in the same vein that Purcey was transitioned to the pen. It will be interesting to see what happens should he not make the rotation.

2010 - Marc Rzepczynski 3-4 13 11 0 0 0 0 56.2 68 36 35 8 28 51 5.56 1.69

2010 - Nick Blackburn 10-11 27 25 1 0 0 0 154.0 191 99 95 23 39 62 5.55 1.49

For the lineup, It looks like Cito decided to play all of his bench players today. Wise Leads off and replaces Wells in CF, Johnny Mac is 2nd playing SS as Escobar sits, Bautista bats 3rd and DH's, Overbay plays 1st and cleans up, Adam Lind moves to LF, Edwin plays 3B, JP Arencibia behind the plate, Hoffpauir takes over from Hill at 2nd and lastly Mike McCoy is back in RF.

Tune in after the jump for Series info and the fancy lineup widget

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-1

Thu 09/30 WP: Casey Janssen (5 - 2)
LP: Francisco Liriano (14 - 10)
13 - 2 win
Fri 10/01 WP: Ricky Romero (14 - 9)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Jesse Crain (1 - 1)
6 - 3 win
Sat 10/02 WP: Matt Capps (2 - 0)
LP: Kevin Gregg (2 - 6)
4 - 5 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Minnesota Twins

Sunday, Oct 3, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
Target Field

Marc Rzepczynski vs Nick Blackburn

Sunny. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 55.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Minnesota Twins

10/03/10 2:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Minnesota Twins
DeWayne Wise - CF Denard Span - CF
John McDonald - SS Orlando Hudson - 2B
Jose Bautista - DH Joe Mauer - C
Lyle Overbay - 1B Delmon Young - LF
Adam Lind - LF Jim Thome - DH
Edwin Encarnacion - 3B Michael Cuddyer - 1B
J.P. Arencibia - C Jason Kubel - RF
Jarrett Hoffpauir - 2B Danny Valencia - 3B
Mike McCoy - RF J.J. Hardy - SS

Keep it Civil and GO JAYS GO!