Blue Jays 0 Astros 2
The big news out of this one was that Brandon Morrow was a scratch with a 'sore shoulder'. Hoping it isn't anything serious but not good news. It is the time of spring for sore arms so maybe it is just that.
The Jays didn't take many of their regulars with them on their bus trip. In fact they used a few guys that will start the season in the low minors. I can understand them not wanting to have to ride the bus when they can get swings at their own training facilities.
- Steve Register got the start in place of Morrow, pitched 3 innings, 4 hits, no walks, 2 K with a 2 run homer given up in the first inning.
- Casey Janssen: 1 perfect inning.
- Jeremy Accardo: 1 inning with just a walk.
- David Purcey got 2 quick outs, then gave up a single and 2 walks, but got a strikeout with the bases loaded to end the inning. 2 walks, 2 strikeouts.
- Rommie Lewis: 1 perfect inning.
- Willie Collazo: a perfect 9th with 1 K.
- Joey Gathright: 0 for 4. He made a couple of great catches in the outfield. .179.
- John McDonald: 0 for 3. .313.
- Jeremy Reed: 2 for 3. He must be in front of Gathright in the battle for the 4th outfielder spot. .394.
- Randy Ruiz: 0 for 3, with a walk and a strikeout. .424. Has slowed from his fast spring start.
- Chris Lubanski: 0 for 4, 3 strikeouts. .217.
- David Cooper: 1 for 4, with a strikeout. .333 on the spring.
- Jose Molina: 1 for 3. .133.
- John Tolisano: 0 for 2
- Sean Ochinko: 2 for 3 with a K.
Dustin McGowan pitched 1.2 innings in a Triple-A spring game. 2 hits, 2 walks, 1 K. They say he hit 88 on the radar gun so he's got a ways to go yet.