"Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no." - Game 19 Jays@Rays

New, 415 comments

Well that one was no fun. Like Tom said in the recap everything was going well until the bullpen got involved. I am really not sure how it happened but the back end of our bullpen went from being solid to completely shaky in the short span of a few games. Downs seems to have lost an edge, and Frasor is no where near the person he was last year. Even Janssen didn't look good last night but to be fair he was put in a situation to fail and probably didn't have proper warm up time. Regardless he didn't help.

Romero deserved better

Today we have two young pitchers set to battle (Man it is like we are saying that everynight. I love it!). Both of these guys came into the league with much fanfare and hype. Both has shown glimmers of that hype and other times look completely overwhelmed at the bigs. Ah Growing Pains. David Price has had a great start to the year just like the rest of the Rays Staff. Morrow on the other hand has been just as wonderfully inconsistent as he was in Seattle. He had two really bad starts (Although had the strike zone been better the 1st one wouldn't have been nearly as bad), before going out in his last start and doing very well.

2010 - Brandon Morrow 1-1 3 3 0 0 0 0 16.0 15 13 13 3 8 16 7.31 1.44

2010 - David Price 2-1 3 3 0 0 0 0 19.2 17 7 7 2 8 17 3.20 1.27

I have to attend one of the in-laws birthdays today so I don't think I will be around for most of the game, but I will probably sneak away with a radio at some point to listen to the end.

Tune in after the jump for series info and Lineups

Current Series

3 game series vs Rays @ Tropicana Field

Fri 04/23 WP: Brett Cecil (1 - 0)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Matt Garza (3 - 1)
6 - 5 win
Sat 04/24 WP: Dan Wheeler (1 - 0)
LP: Scott Downs (0 - 2)
3 - 9 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Tampa Bay Rays

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Tropicana Field

Brandon Morrow vs David Price

. Game time temperature around .

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays

04/25/10 1:40 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Tampa Bay Rays
Mike McCoy - LF Reid Brignac - SS
Aaron Hill - 2B Carl Crawford - LF
Adam Lind - DH Ben Zobrist - RF
Vernon Wells - CF Evan Longoria - 3B
Jose Bautista - RF Carlos Pena - 1B
Alex Gonzalez - SS B.J. Upton - CF
Randy Ruiz - 1B Pat Burrell - DH
Jose Molina - C John Jaso - C
John McDonald - 3B Sean Rodriguez - 2B

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Watchmen. Seemed appropriate with our pen troubles.