3.bp.blogspot.com"> clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

That's it, your out of the herd. Game 25 - A's @ Jays

New, comments
Syd explains why because you didn't believe in Vernon Wells you are out of the herd. via <a href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gLdXRPkE_q4/SVb85dBRvDI/AAAAAAAAAKg/o3PNcAcFJ4A/s400/sid+the+sloth.jpg">3.bp.blogspot.com</a>
Syd explains why because you didn't believe in Vernon Wells you are out of the herd. via 3.bp.blogspot.com

Last year the world was out to get Wells and not completely undeservedly so. He wasn't good, combine that with a contract that he has and Bam Instant hate. There only remained a select few that remained steadfast in their belief. Through thick and thin they would yell and that a return to prominence was forthcoming! It was the injuries that zapped his power and once properly healed it would come back was their lament. And now, the dedication has paid off. Wells has risen from the ashes to put on a MVP start to the season. I don't know if he will keep up this pace because that would be amazing but even if he drops down a notch he is still a useful player. It would be near impossible for him to play up to his contract but that doesn't mean he can't be useful. In the meantime the bandwagon is filling up fast. Don't worry there will be more then enough told you so's from people.

Today we have Gio Gonzalez who won the 5th spot in the rotation for the A's taking on former A's pitcher Dana Eveland. Eveland is looking to rebound from his 1st really poor start of the season. He got shelled last time out only lasting 3 innings so let's hope against the light hitting A's he can rebound and get his confidence back. Gonzalez is well effectively wild. He walks a ton of people. But he also stikes out a ton of batters. His stats are kinda skewed by a bad showing against the Yanks in which I think he was unfairly charged with 3 runs. Posada hit a ball hard right at Daric Barton at first, Barton didn't even have to move, but he couldn't catch the ball on the hop and it bounced away in front of him, he then tried to pick it up and tag first but missed the ball on the ground. The play allowed a run to score instead of ending the inning and then the next batter drove home 2. I understand the ball was hit hard, but there is no way in my opinion it should have been ruled a hit.

2010 - Dana Eveland 2-0 4 4 0 0 0 0 21.2 24 12 11 1 10 12 4.57 1.57

2010 - Gio Gonzalez 2-1 4 4 0 0 0 0 22.0 20 9 9 1 12 19 3.68 1.45

Its raining in and around the GTA area today so odds are the roof is closed. It would be nice to start keeping it open a bit more it always seem nicer when it is.

With a lefty on the hill for the A's, Ruiz!!1 gets the start at first, But Snider and Lewis are still in the lineup. Molina is in for Buck as well.

Tune in after the jump for lineups

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-0

Thu 04/29 WP: Ricky Romero (2 - 1)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Justin Duchscherer (2 - 1)
6 - 3 win
Fri 04/30 WP: Brandon Morrow (2 - 2)
LP: Trevor Cahill (0 - 1)
10 - 2 win

Oakland Athletics
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Saturday, May 1, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Gio Gonzalez vs Dana Eveland

Partly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing out to right field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 05/02 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup

Oakland Athletics @ Toronto Blue Jays