clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

No more training do you require. Already know you, that which you need. Game 34 Jays@RedSox

12-4. That is our road record to date. But tonight is the start of our first real test. Even though the Sox haven't played the greatest to this point they can still be a very good team, And if we win the series against them especially after getting swept against them earlier this year it will go a long way of people finally turning opinions around on us.

Tonight we are going to be in tough. I don't exactly like the matchup Morrow vs Lackey. The Red Sox are a notoriously patient team and Morrow isn't exactly known for his control. This could mean like we are in for a very long night. So everyone cross your fingers and let's hope that Morrow can throw it across the plate tonight. Lackey has actually been pretty good this year so we are going to be in tough.

2010 - Brandon Morrow 2-2 6 6 0 0 0 0 33.1 31 20 20 4 20 42 5.40 1.53

2010 - John Lackey 3-1 6 6 0 0 0 0 37.0 37 17 16 3 14 21 3.89 1.38

For the lineups, Overbay back in for Ruiz and Snider back down to the 9 spot. One would have thought that Snider might have deserved a small bump up in the lineup but I guess not. I can't think that he has anything more to learn in the minors and I don't think he needs the mental "Protection" of the nine spot that Cito thinks he does. Oh well. it will come in time I suppose.

Lineups after the jump

Current Series

3 game series vs Red Sox @ Fenway Park

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Boston Red Sox

Monday, May 10, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Fenway Park

Brandon Morrow vs John Lackey

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing from left to right field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 55.

Complete Coverage >

Tue 05/11 7:10 PM EDT
Wed 05/12 1:35 PM EDT

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Boston Red Sox

05/10/10 7:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Boston Red Sox
Fred Lewis - LF Marco Scutaro - SS
Aaron Hill - 2B Dustin Pedroia - 2B
Adam Lind - DH Victor Martinez - C
Vernon Wells - CF Kevin Youkilis - 1B
Lyle Overbay - 1B J.D. Drew - RF
Alex Gonzalez - SS David Ortiz - DH
Jose Bautista - 3B Adrian Beltre - 3B
John Buck - C Jeremy Hermida - LF
Travis Snider - RF Darnell McDonald - CF

Lets keep it civil and Go Jays Go

Title comes from Return of Jedi. (like you didn't know)