clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

You Gotta Stay Positive: 5/11 Game Thread, Jays at Sawx

Hi all. Hope everyone's day is going allright. It's going to be a late one for me at work and everyone at home is sick, so I've had better. And of course the Jays are coming off a very frustrating loss at the hands of their AL East rivals, as well as the frustrating news that Roy Halladay will in fact not be coming to Toronto this year. But like our thread's title (courtesy of the Hold Steady) suggests, in life and baseball fandom, you gotta stay positive.

On the mounds today, we have Dana Eveland, from whom no one expected much, and Daisuke Matsuzaka, from whom much more was expected. Eveland has been getting grounders but his K and BB numbers don't excite, so it's a big start for him today. Dice-K, well, he's just trying to get back on track.

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2010 - Dana Eveland 3-1 3.82 1.44 16 17

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2010 - Daisuke Matsuzaka 1-1 9.90 1.80 7 6

Lineups after the jump! And enjoy your hot date, JohnnyG!

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Boston Red Sox

05/11/10 7:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Boston Red Sox
Fred Lewis - LF Marco Scutaro - SS
Aaron Hill - 2B Dustin Pedroia - 2B
Adam Lind - DH J.D. Drew - RF
Vernon Wells - CF Kevin Youkilis - 1B
Lyle Overbay - 1B Mike Lowell - DH
Alex Gonzalez - SS Adrian Beltre - 3B
Jose Bautista - 3B Jason Varitek - C
John Buck - C Bill Hall - LF
Travis Snider - RF Darnell McDonald - CF