The Public Gardens By Where the Swan Boats Are: 5/12 Game Thread, Jays at Red Socks

New, 437 comments

Hi everyone.  Today's title comes from the lovely song "Twilight in Boston" by Jonathan Richman, one of the better songs you'll ever hear.  My little girl has been bugging me to go to the "Public Gardens where the swan boats are" as "Make Way for Ducklings" is one of her favourite books.

The Jays are reeling a bit after two straight ugly losses to the Ruddy Hose, and Shaun Marcum looks to get them back on track today.  Marcum is really having quite a stellar come back season so far and could easily be 5-0 or 5-1.  He's been quite good against Boston over his career, with a 3.33 ERA in 12 games (7 starts) and strong peripheral numbers.   Tim Wakefield pitches for Boston and he has given the Jays fits in recent seasons.  Lifetime he is 17-13 against them with a 3.93 ERA in 41 starts, but it feels much better than that.

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2010 - Shaun Marcum 1-1 3.19 1.04 36 11

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2010 - Tim Wakefield 0-1 6.03 1.44 18 8

Adam Lind, who has been struggling recently, gets a seat on the bench today with Randy Ruiz batting third and DHing.  Jose Molina starts the day game after the night game, and other than that, the Jays have their standard lineup going.  Lineups after the jump, and let's go Jays!

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Boston Red Sox

05/12/10 1:35 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Boston Red Sox