clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Friday Bantering: Links, Travis Snider and the Troubles of Catching Ricky Romero

Some days there isn't anything we feel like talking about around here. We call these days Fridays. So let's take a look at what other folks have to say about our Jays.

Update: Added Link:

As Joey P noted in the comments, Adeiny Hechavarria will play his first game for the Dunedin Jays tonight. Edwin Encarnacion also starts his rehab assignment there today too.

  • Jordan Bastian writes about Travis Snider's new found maturity that Travis credits for his hot streak of late.  In another piece Jordan mentions how Travis went to a heavier bat after his first at bat against Tim Wakefield Wednesday. Why?

"Just to see if maybe that would work," Snider said after the Blue Jays escaped Fenway Park with a 3-2 victory. "You're looking at a 65-mph pitch. It's bouncing around. Tim's been playing this game a long time for the reason that he's a good pitcher and he's got a great knuckleball.

  • Jeremy Sandler figures other teams are mad at the Jays for signing Adonis Cardon before the July 2 start date for international signings. I very much doubt the Jays are doing anything new here.
  • Robert MacLeod, in the Globe and Mail, talks about how hard it is to catch Ricky Romero. He also notes that Rod Barajas had no trouble last year.
  • Richard Griffin, in the Star, talks about Brett Cecil  and his changeup.
  • In the Sun, Ken Fidlin writes about how the Jays dig the long ball
  • The Drunks say goodbye to Frank Catalanotto. He was a favorite of mine as well, when he was Jay, but it looks like he has come to the end of the line.
  • Beyond the Boxscore has their new Power Rankings out. We've dropped to 10th from 6th last week.
  • John Lott talks about a guitar Brian Butterfield's son Chris built for Aaron Hill. I am so jealous, no one ever makes me a guitar. I have to buy them.
  • Jose Molina's brother Bengie isn't a big fan of ESPN. I would imagine anyone that isn't a Red Sox or Yankee fan doesn't care much for ESPN.
  • Down on the farm: Jarrett Hoffpauir went 3 for 5 with a homer and J.P. Arencibia also homered but the 51's still lost. Adam Calderone hit out 2 and Brad Emaus hit his 4th as the Fisher Cats won big, 9-2. Dunedin won 8-5, Michael McDade went 4 for 5 with a home run. And Lansing won 5-4. Chad Jenkins went 6, allowing 6 hits, no walks and 2 earned for a no decision. Ryan Schimpf and A.J.Jimerez each had 3 hits.

If there are any links you would like to share, use the comment area. Or anything you want to discuss about our Jays.