I'm sensing something very Canadian about this place. Game 37 Rangers @ Jays

New, 541 comments

Its the first game back after a 3 city road trip. I know if the Jays are anything like me the first thing they want to do when they get home from a long trip is grab a beer sit back and do absolutely nothing while drinking and watching the Jays.....Wait.....

The Jays did fairly well on the road trip going 7-3 bumping their road record to 13-6. Not too shabby at all, and that is still taking into account that they dropped the last series in Boston 2-1. Now it is time to turn it around at home. Currently the Jays are 7-10 at the Dome which is not nearly good enough. Time to turn it around and who better to kick it off then Tao's mancrush Brett Cecil.

Cecil even taking into his last less than stellar start has still done great this year. He is taking on Rich Harden who is best described as effectively (Read very effectively) wild. He strikes out a ton of people, Walks a bunch of people doesn't go deep into ballgames but doesn't give up many hits or runs. Last time out against the Jays he went 3.2 innings with 5BBs and 8Ks 1H and 1ER. Most of his starts this year have gone along the same lines except for one in Oakland when he was on his game going 7 innings with 9Ks and no walks. That was on May 3rd and by far is his best start of the year.

2010 - Brett Cecil 2-2 4 4 0 0 0 0 26.0 19 9 9 3 7 24 3.12 1.00

2010 - Rich Harden 2-1 7 7 0 0 0 0 35.2 29 16 14 5 25 34 3.53 1.51

Look at those numbers. a 1.51 WHIP and 25BBs in 35.2 Innings... and yet he only has 14 Earned Runs. Crazyness. A power pitcher can get out of a lot of trouble when he can strike people our at that rate. Speaking of strikeout rates check out my boy Cecil. Almost a K an inning with a over a 3:1K/BB ratio. Nice.

Nothing really changes about our lineup today. Its back to normal. Snider dropping back down to the 9 spot, Buck behind the plate, JoBau at 3rd and Overbay back in at first. Let's hope they can generate some offense because the aptly nicknamed power rangers usually do each night.

Lastly before you check out the lineups after the jump and join us in the game thread. Check out the team records. Rangers 20-15, Jays 20-16. Rangers - 2 game lead in the West. Jays - 5 games back in the East sitting in third. Le Sigh.

Current Series

3 game series vs Rangers @ Rogers Centre

Texas Rangers
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, May 14, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Rich Harden vs Brett Cecil

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing from left to right field at 10-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 05/15 1:07 PM EDT
Sun 05/16 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup

Texas Rangers @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/14/10 7:07 PM EDT

Texas Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
Elvis Andrus - SS Fred Lewis - LF
Michael Young - 3B Aaron Hill - 2B
Josh Hamilton - LF Adam Lind - DH
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Vernon Wells - CF
Ian Kinsler - 2B Lyle Overbay - 1B
Nelson Cruz - RF Alex Gonzalez - SS
Justin Smoak - 1B Jose Bautista - 3B
Max Ramirez - C John Buck - C
Craig Gentry - CF Travis Snider - RF

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from that great cinema masterpiece. Dude, Where's my car?