This is either a really smart move or by far the stupidest thing that we have ever tried. - Game 38 Rangers @ Jays

New, comments

So we are a team of power hitters huh? We certainly seem to be living up to that billing given to us by Cito. When it works we look unstoppable with a loaded offense, but the problem with swinging from your heels all the time if you are going to miss a lot too. And when we miss. We miss bad. Those are the games where we are making people look like Cy Young Award winners and only get a couple of hits in the game. Maybe there is a happy medium?

Today we have Ricky Romero on the bump opposing Scott Feldman. Romero as you all know came out of the gate on fire this year. Through his first 4 starts Romero was lights out. He had an ERA of just 1.80. A K/9 rating of 7.5 and a 2.778 K/BB ratio not only that but he was going deep averaging 7.5 innings per start. That being said in his last three starts he has look decidedly more human. His ERA over the past three is sitting at an unsightly 6.23 and while he increased his K/9 over those three to a 11.423 he was walking a lot more as well (2.7 BB/9 in the first 4 vs 5.711 BB/9 over the past 3). Of course with the extra strikeouts and walks the pitch counts have been climbing early and Romero hasn't been going as deep into games just averaging 5 and two third innings over the past three. I know I know small sample sizes and all of that but that being said I would still like to see him turn it around with this start. Granted I can think of easier teams to do this against.....

2010 - Ricky Romero 3-1 7 7 0 0 0 0 47.1 38 18 18 2 20 47 3.42 1.23

2010 - Scott Feldman 1-3 7 7 0 0 0 0 37.0 45 31 24 4 16 22 5.84 1.65

You know what I would like tonight? Instead of another 16-10 slugfest how about a nicely pitched 4-1 victory? I'll take that any day of the week. The emotional roller-coasters of the big slugfests can be hard to take if there are too many in a row. Not to mention the whole bullpen being taxed thing. We used a lot of relievers last night but thank goodness for Casey Janssen and Frasor being solid. Hopefully Romero can go deep today because there probably are not too many relievers available Downs, Gregg and likely Camp are likely set to go, Lewis too since all he did was walk a couple. Give the rest of the pen a rest.

One final note before we hop over the jump to the lineups and game thread. I just want to point out again what a great at bat Snider had last night. 11 Pitches, fouling off 5 in a row during a full count before taking a change/splitter deep into the right field 200 level outfield seats. It was a brilliant time for it as it pulled us to within 2 and really helped kick us off. Later in the game Lind went deep at then the cameras showed him sit next to Snider on the bench congratulating each other. It was great. This is our future right there and I can't wait to watch it for years to come.

And for reward? Snider gets the day off today. .............. ARGGGGH! EDIT: So apparently he has a sore wrist. My Bad.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 1-0

Fri 05/14 WP: Josh Roenicke (1 - 0)
LP: Doug Mathis (1 - 1)
16 - 10 win

Texas Rangers
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Saturday, May 15, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Scott Feldman vs Ricky Romero

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 60.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 05/16 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup

Texas Rangers @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/15/10 1:07 PM EDT

Texas Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
Elvis Andrus - SS Fred Lewis - RF
Michael Young - 3B Aaron Hill - 2B
Josh Hamilton - CF Adam Lind - LF
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Vernon Wells - CF
Nelson Cruz - RF Lyle Overbay - 1B
David Murphy - LF Alex Gonzalez - SS
Justin Smoak - 1B Jose Bautista - 3B
Matt Treanor - C Randy Ruiz - DH
Andres Blanco - 2B Jose Molina - C

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle