media.tumblr.com"> clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Too late. You cannot conquer it. It has conquered you! Game 39 Rangers @ Jays

Hello World, Meet Mr. Morrow via <a href="http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzntvcwOfW1qb720d.jpg">media.tumblr.com</a>
Hello World, Meet Mr. Morrow via media.tumblr.com

What a weird series. Game 1 we decide to slug it out and basically it comes down to the last man standing. There were walks and hits and everything you want in a heart attack inducing slugfest. Yesterday we send Romero out to the mound to deliver a Doctastic performance, We get a few hits most notably a couple of ding dongs from Jose Bautista and we cruise to a much easier and calmer 6-0 win. Where does that leave us for today? Who knows as we send Morrow to the mound.

If you think about it, this series thus far has been a microcosm for Morrow's season in total. Some days he goes out there and he is wild thing Rick Vaughn just throwing with seemingly no regard to location. Other days he hits his spots and looks dominant on the mound. Which one do we get today?

As mentioned we are sending Brandon Morrow to the mound, opposing him leading the Rangers will be Colby Lewis. And so far in the young season he hasn't been bad at all.

2010 - Brandon Morrow 2-3 7 7 0 0 0 0 35.0 34 26 26 4 26 46 6.69 1.71

2010 - Colby Lewis 3-1 7 7 0 0 0 0 45.2 34 16 16 4 17 49 3.15 1.12

In this series the one constant has been our ability to hit the ball. Multiple home runs. Gotta love that Ranger pitching. We need to continue that trend.

This is the last game we have against the Rangers until a 4 game series starting September 6th. Let's make it count. With a win today we can pull to an even 500 home record. Aren't teams usually suppose to win at home and play 500 on the road? Oh well whatever works.

It's a free give-a-way day at the Dome today and the roof status is currently open. Let's hope that helps with the crowds the 16K for the first two games was encouraging but I would love see us get back up over the 20k range before the summer really starts to kick in.

Tune in after the jump for Lineups, Looks like Snider is out again, Lind back to DH and McCoy put into LF batting ninth. Buck back in as catcher.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-0

Fri 05/14 WP: Josh Roenicke (1 - 0)
LP: Doug Mathis (1 - 1)
16 - 10 win
Sat 05/15 WP: Ricky Romero (4 - 1)
LP: Scott Feldman (1 - 4)
6 - 0 win

Texas Rangers
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Sunday, May 16, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Colby Lewis vs Brandon Morrow

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

SBNation's Widget thingamagig isn't working at the moment so here are your lineups courtesy of Bastians Blog

TEXAS AT TORONTO
at 1:05 p.m. ET
Rogers Centre

Thumbnail image for Rangers.jpgRANGERS (20-17, -- GB)1. David Murphy, LF
2. Michael Young, 3B
3. Josh Hamilton, DH
4. Nelson Cruz, RF
5. Ian Kinsler, 2B
6. Justin Smoak, 1B
7. Matt Treanor, C
8. Andres Blanco, SS
9. Julio Borbon, CF

Pitching: Colby Lewis (3-1, 3.03)

Thumbnail image for BlueJays.jpgBLUE JAYS (22-16, 4.0 GB)
1. Fred Lewis, RF
2. Aaron Hill, 2B
3. Adam Lind, DH
4. Vernon Wells, CF
5. Lyle Overbay, 1B
6. Alex Gonzalez, SS
7. Jose Bautista, 3B
8. John Buck, C
9. Mike McCoy, LF

Pitching: Brandon Morrow (2-3, 6.69)

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from the 1931 Production of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde that starred Fredric March who won an Oscar for his portrayal of the good Doctor and the Evil Hyde.