clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

I like you temporarily! Gm45 Jays@Dbacks

Oh Jose, You seem determined to prove yourself an everyday player. Despite people like Wilner, Me and what only seems like a handful of people left thinking otherwise. So consider this my surrender. I give in. Bautista you have played amazing in the month of May and despite a less then stellar April it wasn't all bad I guess.... So today I find myself a member of the Bautista Appreciation society. Temporarily.

Today we have our 5th starter Dana Eveland towing the rubber. And continuing the trend of facing former AL pitchers we will be taking on Edwin Jackson. Jackson spent last year with the Tigers before being shipped off in a 3-way deal that saw Granderson go to NY and Detroit restock their prospects. Jackson is a bit of a mystery to me he seems all over the place and can be really dominant one start or for a stretch of starts before the wheels come off. Last year with the Tigers he was quite good despite his overall 13-9 record. This year even with the move to the NL he has struggled dropping his K/BB ratio and increasing his ERA and WHIP.

2010 - Dana Eveland 3-3 8 8 0 0 0 0 43.1 49 27 24 4 25 20 4.98 1.71

2010 - Edwin Jackson 2-5 9 9 0 0 0 0 54.0 64 38 38 8 20 44 6.33 1.56

Now people rag on Eveland a lot, not just here but all over. Its tough but you have to remember he is our 5th starter. Granted it wouldn't be as bad if he could learn to K more then he walks.... He will have to pick it up at some point, we have too many pitchers in the pipeline that can take his spot.

We have a couple of lineup changes today as Fred Lewis is the odd man out and is sitting. He had this to say on twitter earlier today:

Day-off with a positive note. Rest up because days like these don't come very often. Be ready when your # is called...

When asked whether or not moving Bautista to 1st was an option in order to keep Lewis in the order as a leadoff hitter. Cito had this to say. As tweeped by Bastian:

"You could do that. Just didn't today."

Thanks for trying to field the best team Cito!

With Lewis sitting out Lind slots back into LF and takes back his 3 spot in the lineup. Bautista shifts over to the Right side and will bat lead off. Everything else stays the same.

Tune in after the jump for full lineups and series info.

Current Series

Diamondbacks lead the series 1-0

Fri 05/21 WP: Dan Haren (5 - 3)
SV: Chad Qualls
LP: Brandon Morrow (3 - 4)
6 - 8 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Arizona Diamondbacks

Saturday, May 22, 2010, 8:10 PM EDT
Chase Field

Dana Eveland vs Edwin Jackson

Clear. Winds blowing out to right field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 90.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 05/23 4:10 PM EDT

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Arizona Diamondbacks