Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel - Game 50 - O's @ Jays

New, 278 comments
Its HR Derby time! (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
Its HR Derby time! (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
Getty Images

Bring on the battle of the Birds. So glad I have a game to watch tonight because after the week I had (which I have already ranted enough about) I am just really worn down. Time to kick back with a drink. Watch the game and continue to enjoy watching my Jays hit balls out of the park.

I know its not right to revel in the misery of other teams especially when it is a fellow misfortune soul that is trapped in the abyss that is the AL East with us. But how nice is it to be up 11.5 games on the O's at this point? Remember this is a team that was supposed to be ahead of us as we plummeted to the bottom of the standings with 100 losses. So it felt a little extra nice when we swept them in April. I want the Jays to come out and do it again. Right now we are tied with Boston and are 2 back of the Yanks. I know the odds are against us to make the playoffs. But you know what? I don't give a damn. PLAYOFFS!!!1

On the mound we have the battles of the aces. Marcum and Millwood. Millwood this year really has been better then his record indicates, Although I imagine it is hard to pick up a lot of wins when you are pitching for the O's and your offense sometimes forgets that this is sort of a run scoring competition, well except for Ty Wigginton, that guy has been awesome (And he qualifies all across the infield in most fantasy formats now. woo!)

2010 - Shaun Marcum 4-1 10 10 0 0 0 0 67.0 52 21 21 5 15 53 2.82 1.00

2010 - Kevin Millwood 0-4 10 10 1 0 0 0 68.0 71 32 28 10 16 56 3.71 1.28

Today we get to watch the two out of the three top home run hitters in the game right now. Bautista with 15 on the season and Wigginton with 13. I'll repeat that. Bautista and Wigginton are league leaders in Home Runs. Baseball can be quirky sometimes huh?

As for Lineups. BIG NEWS! It has happened, we have finally reached that magically tipping point in the season when Cito dusts off the whole scorecard and makes some changes. Last year it was finally deciding to drop Wells and Rios and this time it is Overbay. That's right Overbay has been dropped down to 7th in the order and Jose Bautista has been bumped up to 5th to provide Wells with some lineup protection. I'll repeat that. Jose Bautista is going to provide lineup protection to a cleanup hitter. The only other change of note is that Lewis is back in the lineup meaning we are back to our usual defensive positions.

Tune in after the jump for full lineups and series info

Current Series

3 game series vs Orioles @ Rogers Centre

Baltimore Orioles
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, May 28, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Kevin Millwood vs Shaun Marcum

Mostly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 05/29 1:07 PM EDT
Sun 05/30 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup

Baltimore Orioles @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/28/10 7:07 PM EDT

Baltimore Orioles Toronto Blue Jays
Corey Patterson - LF Fred Lewis - LF
Ty Wigginton - 1B Aaron Hill - 2B
Nick Markakis - RF Adam Lind - DH
Miguel Tejada - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Luke Scott - DH Jose Bautista - RF
Matt Wieters - C Alex Gonzalez - SS
Adam Jones - CF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Scott Moore - 2B John Buck - C
Cesar Izturis - SS Edwin Encarnacion - 3B

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from The Hangover.