Give me a scotch. I'm starving. Game 27 Jays @ Indians

New, comments

So last night I had to take off early yesterday because the better half and me were heading into Toronto to catch a play. I bought her tickets to see Mamma Mia for Christmas and it all in all it was a nice trip. I love the theater and even if Musicals aren't really my thing they are usually somewhat entertaining. The only problem was we didn't get back into London until after 12:30 at night. And then by the time I go home and into bed it was after 1. Needless to say after getting up at quarter to 6 to get ready for work I am not exactly wide awake at the moment. I am operating on coffee, red bull and sugar. Let's hope I finish writing this before I pass o................................... Im awake! The worst part about being so tired? I have barely eaten anything all day because when I get tired I lose my appetite. Although now that it is almost dinner time all the hunger has come all at once.

Today the Jays roll into Cleveland for the first game of their 10 game road trip. Cleveland between the tribes play and the NBA playoffs have also been suffering attendance figures and the game that Eyebleaf went to see on his baseball road trip of a lifetime had under 10k people there. So I imagine mid week games with the Jays in town are not gonna be a big draw and we can expect to see some very small crowds. Too bad too because their stadium is beautiful.

Cecil takes the hill for us in his 3rd start of the season taking on Mitch Talbot. Talbot so far this year has surprised, but overall his K to BB ratio disappoints, and given the choice I always like the pitcher to be able to strike a batter out to get out a jam. Let's hope the Jays can continue to ride their hot bats from the A's series.

2010 - Brett Cecil 1-1 2 2 0 0 0 0 12.2 11 5 5 2 2 11 3.55 1.03

2010 - Mitch Talbot 3-1 4 4 1 0 0 0 26.1 20 8 6 2 11 7 2.05 1.18

Cecil has made two decent starts to kick off the year and I hope he can keep it going. He will need to going really strong in order to fend off Tallet when he comes back ready to take his spot in the rotation. Whether its Eveland or Tallet that goes to the Pen I really don't care but I want Cecil to stay in the Jays rotation.

Snider is back in the lineup today taking up his customary ninth spot in the order.

Tune in after the jump for Lineups

Current Series

3 game series vs Indians @ Progressive Field

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Cleveland Indians

Monday, May 3, 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
Progressive Field

Brett Cecil vs Mitch Talbot

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to center field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.

Complete Coverage >

Tue 05/04 7:05 PM EDT
Wed 05/05 12:05 PM EDT

Lineup