clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar. Game 28 Jays @ Indians

Man it is nice to see our pitching rotation take off like this. At the start of the year I was convinced our rotation would struggle out of the gate and that it would be our bullpen that was more solid. With Marcum coming back from injury and Romero just coming into his second year, Morrow with his command troubles, Tallet... well I didn't want Tallet in the rotation regardless and Eveland not really reliable I was prepared for the worst. Couldn't have been more wrong apparently. What a nice surprise.

Aside from the pitching the hitters have put up their own surprises. Gonzalez power well not completely out of the blue is very nice and Wells returning to form is just plain awesome. Hill is looking better and better each game and with our prospects looking good in the minors... well all of a sudden the outlook doesn't look so bleak anymore.

In regards to todays game we have Romero on the bump taking on Westbrook. Romero has been dominant this year and is showing the promise that made him a 6th overall Pick in the 1st round. Troy Tula-who? Westbrook so far this year? Well not so good. So it's a good chance for our bats to stay hot and get into a groove.

2010 - Ricky Romero 2-1 5 5 0 0 0 0 36.0 21 9 9 2 13 31 2.25 .94

2010 - Jake Westbrook 0-2 5 5 0 0 0 0 27.2 31 17 17 3 12 18 5.53 1.55

Tune in after the jump for Lineup info. No change from yesterday.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 1-0

Mon 05/03 WP: Brett Cecil (2 - 1)
LP: Mitch Talbot (3 - 2)
5 - 1 win

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Cleveland Indians

Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
Progressive Field

Ricky Romero vs Jake Westbrook

Mostly clear. Winds blowing from left to right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.

Complete Coverage >

Wed 05/05 12:05 PM EDT

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Cleveland Indians