clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Keep your eye open - Game 33 Jays@ChiSox

First off. It's Mother day. So call your Moms.

Well that last one was much less fun. I can stand losing, but in the way we lost and lost control of the game was hard to take. To watch Casey come in and walk 3 batters in a row the first two on 9 pitches..... just hurt. It was really weird to see him come back and be lights out in his next inning. Talk about Jekyll and Hyde.

Cecil didn't have his good stuff yesterday. From a purely amateur viewpoint it looked liked he couldn't find the proper release point for his curve ball. Every time I saw it thrown it was up high and was a ball high or hung it into the sweet spot of the strike zone.

Hopefully it isn't as cold as it was yesterday and Romero can grip the ball and hit his spots. Opposing him his Gavin Floyd. Floyd like most of the Sox pitchers hasn't really been great. But if we swing the bats as well as we did yesterday (Read: Awful) it won't matter anyhow.

2010 - Ricky Romero 3-1 6 6 0 0 0 0 42.0 30 14 14 2 15 40 3.00 1.07

2010 - Gavin Floyd 1-3 6 6 0 0 0 0 32.2 45 27 25 3 14 25 6.89 1.81

It would be really nice if we could see a few hits out of Lind and Hill. Their slow start to the year has been masked by the great starts of Wells and Gonzalez but it will only be a matter of time where we will absolutely NEED them to produce like they can.

Tune in after the jump for Lineups. Take note that Ruiz is playing 1st in place of Overbay today, Molina in for Buck and bats 9th and moves Snider up to the 8th spot.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-1

Thu 05/06 WP: Dana Eveland (3 - 1)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: John Danks (3 - 1)
2 - 0 win
Fri 05/07 WP: Scott Downs (1 - 3)
LP: J.J. Putz (0 - 2)
7 - 4 win
Sat 05/08 WP: Jake Peavy (2 - 2)
LP: Brett Cecil (2 - 2)
3 - 7 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Chicago White Sox

Sunday, May 9, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
U.S. Cellular Field

Ricky Romero vs Gavin Floyd

Mostly sunny. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 55.

This Seventh Soda Pop's Making Me Brave: Pale Hose 7, Jays 3

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Chicago White Sox

05/09/10 2:05 PM EDT