Jays Trade Eveland to Pirates.

New, 23 comments

Here is the press release:

BLUE JAYS COMPLETE TRADE WITH PIRATES

Toronto acquires RHP Ronald Uviedo

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have acquired RHP RONALD UVIEDO (oo-vee-A-doe) from the Pittsburgh Pirates in exchange for LHP DANA EVELAND.

UVIEDO, 23, has appeared in 16 games in relief this season for the Altoona Curve, the Pirates Double-A affiliate in the Eastern League. He is 0-2 with a 3.22 ERA after allowing just 13 hits in 22 1/3 innings with 12 walks, two home runs and 28 strikeouts. The 6-1, 160lb. native of Guarico, Venezuela started his career in the Seattle organization before being signed by Pittsburgh as a minor league free agent. His career minor league record is 18-13 with 31 saves in 158 games, 33 starts with a 3.10 ERA.

EVELAND, 26, was designated for assignment by Toronto on May 24. The 6-1, 235lb. left-hander, started nine games for the Blue Jays posting a 3-4 record with a 6.45 ERA. The Olympia, Washington native who was traded to Toronto from Oakland on February 6, 2010, has a career record of 16-21 with a 5.66 ERA with one save in 92 games, 53 starts.

UVIEDO has been optioned to New Hampshire of the Eastern League (AA).

Tom: I guess then we get something for Dana, you can see Uviedo's minor league stats here. He hasn't had a bad minor league career.