Jose Bautista Named Jay Player of the Month.

New, 9 comments

Well, actually he was named 'Honda Player of the Month' but Honda isn't advertising on the site, so why should I give them a plug in the title. Members of the Toronto chapter of the BBWAA do the voting.

Shawn Marcum came a 'close' second and Fred Lewis 'also received votes', which makes you wonder how many people there are in the Toronto chapter. Maybe, one day, they will let us bloggers into it. Maybe the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup in my lifetime too.

Bautista hit .287 with 12 homers and 25 RBI on the month. He tied the club record for home runs in a month. Jose Cruz, Jr. and Carlos Delgado are the other two Jays that hit 12 in a month.