Our Day 3 Draft Picks

New, 8 comments

Wednesday MLB run through the 31-50 rounds of the draft. We listed our picks from the first 30 rounds here. If you are thinking we picked mainly pitchers, you are right. We picked 32 pitchers and 18 batters. We pick 35 high school players and 21 college. How many we sign is another question. Our short season Auburn team and our Gulf Coast team both start up in the next week or so, so the Jays will try to sign some of the drafted players in a hurry to fill out rosters. Some they will follow for a while and decide if they really want to sign them and, course, some of the high school ones will decide to go to college and see if they can improve their draft position in the next few years.

Can the lower round picks make the majors? Lyle Overbay was a 18th round pick. Jose Bautista 20th. Mike McCoy 34th. Shawn Camp 16th. Kevin Gregg 15th. And Jason Frasor 32nd. So it does happen.

936

Benitez, Luis

Ashworth HS (GA)

RHP