I wanna go down swingin', punch drunk to the end - GM 61 - Jay @ Rays

New, 482 comments

Our games have been so much fun to watch that it made the last couple of games seem that much worse. We just aren't used to the idea that watching baseball sometimes isn't fun. But tonight we get back to the fun. I have faith in Brett Cecil.

The big difference, offensively, is that before we seemed to swinging at everything and it had been working. The last couple of games we've been taking pitches, mostly strikes. We've gone two games without hitting a home run. That's not us. I do get a kick out of people saying we have to 'manufacture runs'. It is pretty tough to manufacture anything when you only get two hits in a game. Harder yet when you are down by a half dozen runs or so.

So the title comes from a John Hiatt song called Go Down Swinging. Since that seems to be our teams personality, I'd rather they go down swing instead of going down watching. At very least, go down fighting guys.

Lineups after the Jump.

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays

06/10/10 7:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Tampa Bay Rays
Fred Lewis - LF B.J. Upton - CF
Aaron Hill - 2B Sean Rodriguez - 2B
Adam Lind - DH Evan Longoria - 3B
Vernon Wells - CF Willy Aybar - DH
Jose Bautista - RF Ben Zobrist - RF
Alex Gonzalez - SS Carlos Pena - 1B
Lyle Overbay - 1B Gabe Kapler - LF
John Buck - C John Jaso - C
Edwin Encarnacion - 3B Reid Brignac - SS

Gonzalez is back from where ever he was. Mike McCoy filled in well for him. That over the shoulder catch he made in the first game of the series was amazing.

So join us in the thread. And, you know, play nice.