You sit on a throne of lies - Gm 62 - Jays @ Rockies

New, 425 comments
<strong>Rain Delay again</strong>
Rain Delay again

So here we are. Hello Ubaldo I'd like you to meet someone. It's called Mr. Longball. I am sure you two will hit it off and be fast friends. In fact I suggest getting together as much as possible makes the bond stronger.

Wow, Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire. We get out of one of the most miserable places in the league for us in the Trop. I really hate it there. I hate everything about it. I hate the Ray tank, the tarp over the dome, the overhang, the cowbells and most especially the loudmouth that used to sit behind home plate (what happened to him???). But to be frank we could have been heading into a 3 game stretch where we faced Ubaldo, Halladay, Sabathia and Lee in a row and I would have been fine with that. Just get me out of that place. Did anyone else notice the poor attendance numbers there? It doesn't seem fair that people keep pointing out our attendance when the best team in baseball barely does better.

I am really looking forward to this pitching matchup. We have all seen Ubaldo's numbers and if you haven't well I've put them below so now you have. And Ricky has been oh so fine, this should really be a nice pitching duel. And with the extra bit of momentum we got from winning the last game of the series I am hoping we can pull out a couple of runs and win a tight knit ballgame.

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2010 - Ricky Romero 5-2 3.06 1.20 86 33

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2010 - Ubaldo Jimenez 11-1 0.93 0.93 78 29

Look at those numbers. Let's do Doc and favour and start the market correction for these guy, Because if Doc loses out on another Cy because some upstart decides to go and have a career year it just wouldn't be fair.

With us visiting Rockies we have to have send Romero to the plate (insert grumbling rant about the stupid NL rules here). And because of that we have to sit someone out. Today Cito's magic top landed on EE. So Lewis shifts over to right, Lind goes to Left and Bautista comes in to man the hot corner. Romero takes EE spot in the lineup and bats 9th.

Tune in after the jump for Series Info and lineups.

Current Series

3 game series vs Rockies @ Coors Field

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Colorado Rockies

Friday, Jun 11, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
Coors Field

Ricky Romero vs Ubaldo Jimenez

Partly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 65.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 06/12 8:10 PM EDT
Sun 06/13 3:10 PM EDT

Lineup