Jays Lose in the Pouring Rain

New, 8 comments

Blue Jays 3 Rockies 5 (6 innings)

I don't know if I've ever seen a major league game played in conditions like that before. The game really should never have been started. It was just bucketing down all the time they were playing.

Ruined the pitching matchup we were looking forward to, neither pitch performed like he could. Jimenez gets a complete game out of it though, going all 6 innings. He gave up 5 hits, including a 2 run homer for Aaron Hill and a run scoring triple to Lyle Overbay.

Ricky Romero worked slogged through 5 innings, getting pulled for a pinch hitter in the 6th, when his spot came up with the bases load. Cito knew the game was likely to be called and put in Jeremy Reed hit. He did hit the ball hard but right to the shortstop's glove. Ricky gave up 7 hits, 4, 1 walk, 5 k and 2 home runs.

You know things were bad when Fred Lewis didn't even see a ball that landed a few feet behind him. When players can't see the ball, that's when guys can get hurt.

Jays of the shortened day are Overbay (.181 WPA), Vernon Wells (.157) and Hill (.123). A number of guys had suckage numbers: Brain Tallet (-.186), Romero (.163), John Buck (.135, hitting into a double play at a bad time), and Reed (-.118).

I guess weather conditions aren't expected to be much better tonight but we can hope. 8:00 Eastern start for Brandon Morrow (4-4, 5.48) coming off a couple of good starts goes against Jason Hammel (3-3, 5.32), if they can get it in.