Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? Gm 64 - Jays @ Rockies

New, 88 comments

Tales of two extremes in this series. First game in a rain shortened game it was all kinds of power featured between the two teams. Second game was a tight pitched 1-0 victory eeked out by the Rockies. Wonder what today will bring.

Today features the return to the mound of Jesse Litsch. 1 year and 1 day removed from Tommy John surgery. He didn't do great in his rehab starts, but then again we weren't able to see him throwing. All we see is the final line score. From what the team is saying he was hitting his spots and wasn't walking people. So I guess we will see.He will be on a pitch count of about 90-95 pitches says Bastian. I hope he can come back and pitch like he did in 2008. Taking on Litsch will be Canadian born Jeff Francis. Francis like the rest of Colorado's staff has been overshadowed by Ubaldo this year, but is extremely capable of throwing a great game so the Jays need their bats to come back alive.

2010 - Jeff Francis 1-2 5 5 0 0 0 0 31.1 32 12 12 2 6 15 3.45 1.21

For the lineups today there are some changes. Lewis is going to take a seat on the bench but is available to pinch hit. Apparently this has nothing to do with the foul off his foot and is just a regular day off. Since Lewis is sitting for the game Bautista is going to lead off for us.... Maybe he can work some walks because hitting isn't going well at the moment. Lind will be in left and will bat third. Buck will be behind the plate and batting 7th and EE is at 3rd batting 8th. Everything else is as per normal.

Tune in after the jump for lineups and series info

Current Series

Rockies lead the series 2-0

Fri 06/11 WP: Ubaldo Jimenez (12 - 1)
LP: Ricky Romero (5 - 3)
3 - 5 loss
Sat 06/12 WP: Jason Hammel (4 - 3)
SV: Manuel Corpas
LP: Brandon Morrow (4 - 5)
0 - 1 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Colorado Rockies

Sunday, Jun 13, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
Coors Field

Jesse Litsch vs Jeff Francis

Mostly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 55.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Colorado Rockies

06/13/10 3:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Colorado Rockies
Jose Bautista - RF Jonathan Herrera - 2B
Aaron Hill - 2B Todd Helton - 1B
Adam Lind - LF Carlos Gonzalez - CF
Vernon Wells - CF Brad Hawpe - RF
Alex Gonzalez - SS Ryan Spilborghs - LF
Lyle Overbay - 1B Ian Stewart - 3B
John Buck - C Chris Iannetta - C
Edwin Encarnacion - 3B Clint Barmes - SS
Jesse Litsch - P Jeff Francis - P

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Batman.