Nobody knows everything - Gm 68 - Giants @ Jays

New, 422 comments

Hallelujah! No more pitchers batting! Heck even if our DH is hitting like he is I still prefer to see him over any pitcher stepping into that chalk box. Plus its always nice to come home after a 9 game road trip, especially a road trip where we only went 3-9. After this trip was all said and done we are sitting in 4th place in the AL East, 5.5 GB of the lead (Rays and Yanks) and 3.5 behind the Sox. In the Wild Card Race Detroit also hopped over us and are 1 game ahead.

Today could be interesting. Considered one of the worst contracts in all of baseball Zito takes the mound for the Giants. Contact aside Zito has actually been good this year and his big breaking curve is as good as it has ever been. This does not bode well for our Lefties in the lineup especially the struggling DH Lind. Against him one of our trade acquisitions in the offseason the brilliant and sometimes frustrating Brandon Morrow. Over the past few games Morrow has been Brilliant, he has yet to pitch a game where he didn't walk anyone but lately he has been keeping it under control. Even more surprising he hasn't been relying on the strikeout as much as he had been. This is a good sign for future games, because he can always crank it up a notch if he needs a punch-out. But in the meantime maybe he can keep his pitch counts down and go into the 7th a little more regularly.

2010 - Brandon Morrow 4-5 13 13 0 0 0 0 70.0 65 40 40 5 38 80 5.14 1.47

2010 - Barry Zito 7-2 13 13 0 0 0 0 87.0 73 31 30 6 34 58 3.10 1.23

Afraid I probably won't be around for the start of the game so if someone could post the lineups that would be awesome.

Current Series

3 game series vs Giants @ Rogers Centre

San Francisco Giants
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, Jun 18, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Barry Zito vs Brandon Morrow

Mostly clear. Winds blowing out to right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 06/19 1:07 PM EDT
Sun 06/20 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup

San Francisco Giants @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/18/10 7:07 PM EDT

San Francisco Giants Toronto Blue Jays
Andres Torres - RF Fred Lewis - CF
Freddy Sanchez - 2B Aaron Hill - 2B
Aubrey Huff - LF Adam Lind - LF
Juan Uribe - SS Vernon Wells - DH
Pat Burrell - DH Alex Gonzalez - SS
Pablo Sandoval - 3B Jose Bautista - RF
Buster Posey - 1B Lyle Overbay - 1B
Bengie Molina - C Edwin Encarnacion - 3B
Aaron Rowand - CF Jose Molina - C

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Deep Impact (Seems fitting with all the doom and gloom I have been readying lately)