Danger always strikes when everything seems fine. Game 55 - Rays @ Jays

New, 694 comments

Ugh. That really all there to say about last night. Losing a game by blowing a save in the 9th inning will hurt every time. But doing it while only giving up 1 hit and walking 5? It's games like this that will make you sit in the corner with a bottle of whiskey rocking back and forth muttering Ball.. Ball... Ball... Ball... Ball....

Today, Time to be better. And we have the right guy going for us. Marcum is an absolute bulldog on the mound and just attacks hitters. I discussed this with someone today. He indicated that people refer to Marcum as Maddux Lite or the "poor man's Maddux". And if you sit down and really think about that. The only reason people give Marcum the Lite or Poor Man's qualifier is because he doesn't have the track record that Maddux had. If he keeps up the pace that he had in May it may not take long. Marcum went 5-0 in May with a 1.85 ERA this was better then his ... umm.. poor? April where he ONLY had an ERA of 3.44 and bad luck run support which netted him a 0-1 record.

On the other side we have David Price taking the mound. And it is just rinse and repeat at this point. Price is having a great year so far just like the rest of the Rays Rotation so everyone cross your fingers that we can get a few runs off of him like we did against Garza and Niemann.

2010 - Shaun Marcum 5-1 11 11 0 0 0 0 73.0 58 21 21 5 17 60 2.59 1.03

2010 - David Price 7-2 10 10 1 1 0 0 66.2 49 22 19 6 27 50 2.56 1.14

Absolutely 0 changes from the lineup of yesterday. And as far as the bullpen goes I have to figure the only person unavailable is Gregg everyone else not pitching many innings over the past couple of games. Not too mention tomorrow is an Off Day before the Yankees mosey into town.

Tune in after the jump for Lineups and Series info

Current Series

3 game series vs Rays @ Rogers Centre

Mon 05/31 WP: Brandon Morrow (4 - 4)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Matt Garza (5 - 4)
3 - 2 win
Tue 06/01 WP: Grant Balfour (1 - 1)
SV: Rafael Soriano
LP: Kevin Gregg (0 - 2)
6 - 7 loss

Tampa Bay Rays
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Wednesday, Jun 2, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

David Price vs Shaun Marcum

Partly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing out to right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Tampa Bay Rays @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/02/10 7:07 PM EDT

Tampa Bay Rays Toronto Blue Jays
B.J. Upton - CF Fred Lewis - LF
Carl Crawford - LF Aaron Hill - 2B
Evan Longoria - 3B Adam Lind - DH
Willy Aybar - DH Vernon Wells - CF
Sean Rodriguez - 2B Jose Bautista - RF
Ben Zobrist - 1B Alex Gonzalez - SS
Gabe Kapler - RF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Dioner Navarro - C John Buck - C
Reid Brignac - SS Edwin Encarnacion - 3B

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go.

Today's title comes from Shichinin no samurai (Seven Samurai)