But I don't wanna use my head! - Gm 70 - Giants @ Jays

New, 258 comments

Happy Father's Day everyone!

Well the first two games of this series have been entertaining. 8th Inning home runs in both games to take the lead and then Gregg closes them out in the 9th. We have been treated to some great pitching from both teams and today looks like it is going to continue as the Jays look for the sweep to kick off the 9 game "Home Stand".

The schedule lately has been very cruel to us. We have had to face the best pitching and some of the hottest pitchers in the National league and before that we had a 9 game stretch against Rays, Yanks and Rays... but you know what? We are still in the race. We are only 4.5 games out of division and wild card lead. We are 7 games over 500 and are currently tied with the Angels and Tigers in the wild card race. In All honestly who could have predicted we would be in this spot at this point. We have played great and with a couple of our more promising prospects still in the minors it gives hope for the future. This season has been a lot of fun. Let's keep it up

For the Jays Marcum takes the hill today and last time out he had a strong showing going 7 innings while giving up 3 runs (2 earned), he allowed 6 hits (2HRs) while striking out 2 against the Padres. For the Giants we have another strong pitcher (they just keep coming don't they?). Sanchez has pitched really well this year striking out almost a batter an inning while keeping his ERA and WHIP at all-star levels. The problem being as you may be able to tell by his win-loss record is that the rest of his team doesn't usually hold up their end of the bargain and Sanchez loses a lot of low scoring games. That being said last time out he did pick up win by pitching 7.2 Innings striking out 5 while only giving up 2 runs. He did give up 8 hits and a BB so he was able to work in and out of trouble.

2010 - Shaun Marcum 6-3 14 14 0 0 0 0 92.1 84 36 34 8 18 67 3.31 1.10

2010 - Jonathan Sanchez 5-5 13 13 0 0 0 0 81.0 59 29 25 5 34 77 2.78 1.15

There are no lineup changes today as we trot out the same 9 as we did yesterday.

Tune in after the jump for Series and Lineup info and join us in the thread its great fun.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-0

Fri 06/18 WP: Scott Downs (2 - 5)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Barry Zito (7 - 3)
3 - 2 win
Sat 06/19 WP: Shawn Camp (2 - 1)
SV: Kevin Gregg
LP: Matt Cain (6 - 5)
3 - 0 win

San Francisco Giants
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Sunday, Jun 20, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Jonathan Sanchez vs Shaun Marcum

Mostly sunny. Winds blowing in from left field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

San Francisco Giants @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/20/10 1:07 PM EDT

San Francisco Giants Toronto Blue Jays
Andres Torres - RF Fred Lewis - LF
Freddy Sanchez - 2B Aaron Hill - 2B
Aubrey Huff - LF Adam Lind - DH
Juan Uribe - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Pat Burrell - DH Alex Gonzalez - SS
Buster Posey - 1B Jose Bautista - RF
Edgar Renteria - SS Lyle Overbay - 1B
Aaron Rowand - CF John Buck - C
Eli Whiteside - C Edwin Encarnacion - 3B

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Toy Story 2.