Try blue, it's the new red! - Gm 72 - Cards @ Jays

New, 164 comments

Game number 2 of the series is on the docket tonight. We have the pleasure of taking on former Jay Chris Carpenter tonight in what looks to be a sharp pitching match-up. Granted I thought that was going to happen last night as well and we ended up watching a couple of home runs leave the park from both sides so who knows what is going to happen. No I'm serious who knows, because I could really use some help picking lottery numbers....

On the bump we have Chris Carpenter taking on Ricky Romero. Continuing the trend of facing pitchers that just makes us yell "Oh come on! You have got to be kidding me" Carpenter has been absolutely lights out this year. Just crazy good, so we go from the pitcher with the second best ERA in the majors in Jaime Garcia to this.... I mean COME ON, Who makes these schedules!!

2010 - Ricky Romero 6-3 14 14 2 1 0 0 96.1 81 34 33 6 37 96 3.08 1.22

2010 - Chris Carpenter 8-1 15 15 0 0 0 0 101.2 91 37 32 11 26 88 2.83 1.15

Just look at that. Romero's numbers have been great all year and yet looking at Carpenter he has been jjust as good or better in just about every category. If both pitchers are on tonight we could be in for a treat. Well a treat if you like good pitching matchups anyways. If you like crazy slugging matchups like when we play Texas you may want to try another channel.

At the very least I will settle for shutting down Holliday and Pujols. I know they are both good hitters and this may seem weird but if Pujols beats us I just kinda shrug and say well whatta gonna do, it's Albert Pujols. When Holliday beats us just in front of Pujols it makes me cringe. Again I know he is a good hitter and it doesn't really make sense, but there it is.

For our lineup there is only one change. Dewayne Wise takes over left field and the lead off position for the Jays. Everything else stays the same.

Tune in after the jump for Series info and lineups.

Current Series

Cardinals lead the series 1-0

Tue 06/22 WP: Jaime Garcia (7 - 3)
LP: Brett Cecil (7 - 4)
4 - 9 loss

St. Louis Cardinals
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Chris Carpenter vs Ricky Romero

Partly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing out to left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Thu 06/24 7:07 PM EDT

Lineup

St. Louis Cardinals @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/23/10 7:07 PM EDT

St. Louis Cardinals Toronto Blue Jays
Felipe Lopez - 2B Dewayne Wise - LF
Matt Holliday - LF Aaron Hill - 2B
Albert Pujols - 1B Adam Lind - DH
Nick Stavinoha - DH Vernon Wells - CF
David Freese - 3B Alex Gonzalez - SS
Colby Rasmus - CF Jose Bautista - RF
Yadier Molina - C Lyle Overbay - 1B
Randy Winn - RF John Buck - C
Brendan Ryan - SS Jarrett Hoffpauir - 3B

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Wall-E