I never joke about my work - Gm 73 - Cards @ Jays

New, 274 comments

A hit a hit, my kingdom for some hits!

I would give anything to be facing a pitcher that isn't in the midst of an all-star and/or a career season. That isn't so much to ask is it? I mean there are a ton of pitchers in the big leagues, there has to be a couple Josh Towers-esque pitchers out there that we can tee off on.

Today we have 4th best ERA on the mound in Adam Wainwright taking our own hot pitcher Brandon Morrow. So for those keeping track we face the 2nd and 4th best ERA in the series sandwiched around a former Cy Young winner who is back on form in Chris Carpenter. Lovely. That is a helluva 3 punch combo for the St Louis Cardinals. I mean a lot of people have been looking at Romero, Cecil and Marcum and noting that as one of the best top of rotations in baseball at the moment and yet the St Louis combo is that much better. Just insane.

2010 - Brandon Morrow 4-5 14 14 0 0 0 0 76.0 70 42 42 5 41 84 4.97 1.46

2010 - Adam Wainwright 10-4 16 15 3 1 0 0 109.0 80 29 27 6 29 101 2.23 1.00

Those are just amazing numbers from Wainwright, Tonight could be another great match. Let's all hope this time we can eek out the victory instead of the other way around.

As for the Lineup, we have big changes! Hill and Lind have been dropped in the order! Gonzalez and Bautista will bat 2nd and 3rd respectively with Lind taking up the 5 spot behind Wells and Hill batting behind Lind. With Morrow on the mound Molina gets the start behind home plate and as such the bottom of the order shakes out with Overbay, Hoffpauir and Molina.

For the Bullpen, I imagine almost everyone is available. Gregg threw 25 pitches but would probably be available if need be.

Tune in after the jump for the series info and Full Lineups.

Current Series

Cardinals lead the series 2-0

Tue 06/22 WP: Jaime Garcia (7 - 3)
LP: Brett Cecil (7 - 4)
4 - 9 loss
Wed 06/23 WP: Chris Carpenter (9 - 1)
SV: Ryan Franklin
LP: Kevin Gregg (0 - 3)
0 - 1 loss

St. Louis Cardinals
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Thursday, Jun 24, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Adam Wainwright vs Brandon Morrow

Mostly clear. Winds blowing in from left field at 10-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

St. Louis Cardinals @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/24/10 7:07 PM EDT

St. Louis Cardinals Toronto Blue Jays
Felipe Lopez - SS Fred Lewis - LF
Matt Holliday - LF Alex Gonzalez - SS
Albert Pujols - 1B Jose Bautista - RF
Colby Rasmus - CF Vernon Wells - CF
David Freese - 3B Adam Lind - DH
Randy Winn - RF Aaron Hill - 2B
Yadier Molina - C Lyle Overbay - 1B
Skip Schumaker - DH Jarrett Hoffpauir - 3B
Aaron Miles - 2B Jose Molina - C

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title is from Die another Day, Tom, Carm and NoBunting are behind the Jays dugout today. Let's keep an eye out for them.