Don't leave me here alone. Don't go where I can't follow - Gm 74 - Phillies @ Jays in Philly

New, 288 comments

It has finally arrived. This is the one series that every Jays fan had circled on their calendar since that fateful day last September. And do the rotation tinkering of Charlie Manual we won't have to wait long as we take on our former Ace in the first game of the series.

Let me get this out of the way now, We miss you Roy. The Jays aren't quite the same without you. You are the best pitcher in baseball and we loved having you take the mound for us every 5 days. You made the past few seasons bearable and just knowing you were on the team whether you were on the hill or in the dugout was a calming presence and feeling. Even if the game was going horrible the camera could pan over the dugout and there you were sitting and watching the hitters. Always Watching, and learning. You provided leadership to the team and pitching staff. You lead by example to so many of our pitchers and I truly believe that without you we would not be seeing the leaps and bounds made by our rotation this year. This even goes for Morrow, even though you never got to pitch with the kid your presence is still felt throughout the organization as your habits were passed through Marcum, Cecil, Litsch, Romero and the rest of the staff that passes it along. Thank you. Thank you for everything you did for us. There is not words enough to properly explain what you meant to this organization and its fans. I honest and truly wish you the best in your endevours with the Phillies. I hope you find what you were looking for and win your championship. You deserve it.

That being said. If you could wait one more start before getting back to your normal awesome self that would be great. Thanks.

Tonight the unenviable task of taking on Halladay falls to Jesse Litsch. Time to build on your last fantastic start Litsch. Let's take advantage of the Phillies lineup that has been scuffling as of late

2010 - Jesse Litsch 0-1 2 2 0 0 0 0 9.1 12 7 7 1 1 5 6.75 1.39

2010 - Roy Halladay 8-6 15 15 5 3 0 0 115.0 108 36 31 8 16 98 2.43 1.08

As you all know even though the game is in Philadelphia, this is considered Toronto's home game and as such the game will be played with the DH. Our lineup isn't changing except for Buck going back behind the plate. In the field a few changes to rest some legs as Bautista will be our DH, Lewis swings around to RF and Lind gets the start in LF. Hoffpauir drops back down to the 9 spot in the order with Molina back on the bench.

With such a great outing from Morrow yesterday we have a fresh pen and everyone should be available.

Hopefully a lot of Toronto Fans made it down to Philly. I know aside from our friends here that a few other bloggers made the trek down. So maybe we can hear a cheer or two from the stands although I don't expect a large contingent of fans cheering for us there.

Tonight is probably the last time for awhile that I will cheering against Roy, Sorry Roy. It's not personal. After tonight I will go back to putting jinxes on Ubaldo and other pitchers in the NL in an effort to get your Cy Young.

Tune in after the jump for Lineups and series info.

Current Series

3 game series vs Phillies @ Citizens Bank Park

Philadelphia Phillies
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, Jun 25, 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
Citizens Bank Park

Roy Halladay vs Jesse Litsch

Clear. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 85.

Jays face Halladay on Friday

Complete Coverage >

Sat 06/26 4:05 PM EDT
Sun 06/27 1:35 PM EDT

Lineup

Philadelphia Phillies @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/25/10 7:05 PM EDT

Philadelphia Phillies Toronto Blue Jays
Jimmy Rollins - SS Fred Lewis - RF
Placido Polanco - 3B Alex Gonzalez - SS
Chase Utley - 2B Jose Bautista - DH
Ryan Howard - DH Vernon Wells - CF
Jayson Werth - RF Adam Lind - LF
Raul Ibanez - LF Aaron Hill - 2B
Shane Victorino - CF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Ross Gload - 1B John Buck - C
Brian Schneider - C Jarrett Hoffpauir - 3B

Keep it Civil, Go Jays Go

Today's title is from Return of the King.