i190.photobucket.com"> clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Right now I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself.- Game 56 - Yankees @ Jays

New, 504 comments
Pictured: Mr Steinbrenner and Son via <a href="http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z106/JRE_27/STAR%20WARS/DarthVaderandDarthSidious.jpg">i190.photobucket.com</a>
Pictured: Mr Steinbrenner and Son via i190.photobucket.com

Best to play this while getting ready for today's game.

And he returns. The last time he was in Toronto it was close to a sold out crowd as we sent our hero Halladay to the mound to smite the evil empire. That was a glorious day that saw the Dome pumping with a vicious crowd that hung on every ball and strike. It was amazing. What I wouldn't give for those days again where every game saw those crowds, instead of wondering if we are going to set an all new attendance low at the start of each game.

The Jays had an off day to erase the memory and bad taste from the Tampa Bay series. I know it has been written about already but it really was a great series and for 25 out of the 27 innings they played great entertaining baseball as we took the best team in the bigs to the brink each time. Tampa Bay is an amazing team and they showed us that by making us earn every out. Hopefully the team will treat this as a good learning experience and not let it eat away at them. Because if ever there was a time to bounceback it is now.

The Yankees stroll into town fresh off beating the lowly Orioles and as such are on a bit of a role. Not that you ever really have to think about these things. Whether or not the Yankees are rolling or not they are always an intimidating threat. They have a deep powerful lineup and starting pitching that can be lights out when everything clicks. As mentioned AJ Burnett is set to go for the Yankees today and as we all know he can have no hit stuff OR he can be completely wild, inefficient and hittable. With AJ this year he seems to have dropped back on his strikeouts a bit but is still putting up good numbers. It is almost as if he is turning into more a pitcher then a thrower. He can thank Doc for that too.

2010 - A.J. Burnett 6-2 11 11 0 0 0 0 71.1 69 32 26 4 24 53 3.28 1.30

Opposing him for the rebels... errrr Jays. Is Tao's and mine mancrush Brett Cecil. Last time out against the O's Cecil was masterful. He threw 8 innings of 4 hit ball only giving up 2 runs while striking out 7 and walking none. I'll have a second helping of them apples please.

2010 - Brett Cecil 5-2 8 8 0 0 0 0 49.2 40 21 21 4 12 40 3.81 1.05

No lineup changes as we throw our normal lineup up against Burnett. Lewis leads off, Buck behind the plate batting 8th and EE batting 9th.

As per Bastian Cito would prefer to Gregg another day off today against the Yankees but the closer is available for pitching if need be.

And just another quick note about the rotation. Also from Bastian, the Jays won't be skipping anyone's start this month. Tallet is in the rotation permanently for now, or at least until Litsch is fully ready to go.

After the Jump for Lineups and Series info.

Current Series

3 game series vs Yankees @ Rogers Centre

New York Yankees
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, Jun 4, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

A.J. Burnett vs Brett Cecil

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 06/05 1:07 PM EDT
Sun 06/06 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup

New York Yankees @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/04/10 7:07 PM EDT

New York Yankees Toronto Blue Jays
Derek Jeter - SS Fred Lewis - LF
Nick Swisher - RF Aaron Hill - 2B
Mark Teixeira - 1B Adam Lind - DH
Alex Rodriguez - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Robinson Cano - 2B Jose Bautista - RF
Jorge Posada - DH Alex Gonzalez - SS
Marcus Thames - LF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Curtis Granderson - CF John Buck - C
Chad Moeller - C Edwin Encarnacion - 3B

Keep it Civil (unless it pertains to A-Rod) and Go Jays Go!

Today's title comes from Empire Strikes Back