I am a Jedi, like my father before me. Game 57 Yankees @ Jays

New, 572 comments

More Star Wars! (To be played whenever Bautista comes to the plate)

The Jedi (Bautista) proved too powerful for the empire. He destroyed Burnett who turned to the dark side two years ago. Cecil pitched a brilliant game to shut down any Yankee offense before they got rolling. Now we turn to Romero. Save us Obi-Wan Romero, you're our only hope.

Romero looks to continue the strong play he has been on. Last time out against Baltimore he threw a complete game. He only gave up 6 hits while walking 2 and striking out 7. He only gave up 1 run while cruising to his 5th victory on the year. Pettite this year has been equally as strong and comes in on a roll just like Romero. Last time out for Pettite he went 7 strong innings against a weak Indians team while only giving up 1 run on 4 hits and 0BBs. He struck out 5 for his 7th win on the season. Before the game against the tribe he went 8 strong against the Twins so he hasn't exactly been drawing easy opponents either. Granted he hasn't had to face the wrath that is the Blue Jays lineup so far this year.

2010 - Ricky Romero 5-2 11 11 2 1 0 0 77.1 64 27 27 3 29 79 3.14 1.20

2010 - Andy Pettitte 7-1 10 10 0 0 0 0 65.1 57 19 18 5 18 41 2.48 1.15

This should be a good one as the two lefties will most likely be engaged in a pitchers duel for most of the game.

For lineups. Nothing changes. Everything exactly the same as it was yesterday. When asked about Buck starting Cito said that he asked to. And he had no problem starting Molina with Morrow tomorrow (For the record neither do I).

For the Bullpen. I imagine everyone is available if absolutely necessary, Frasor only thew 16 pitches yesterday but with the rest of the bullpen having at least 2 days off I imagine they will let him stay seated all game.

In other news, Bastian thwipepded that Snider is scheduled to start hitting off a tee today. I thought he already started. Guess I was wrong. Afterwards probably going to Class A Dunedin for rehab.

Tune in after the jump for Series info and Lineups

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 1-0

Fri 06/04 WP: Brett Cecil (6 - 2)
LP: A.J. Burnett (6 - 3)
6 - 1 win

New York Yankees
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Saturday, Jun 5, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Andy Pettitte vs Ricky Romero

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing from left to right field at 15-20 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 06/06 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup

New York Yankees @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/05/10 1:07 PM EDT

New York Yankees Toronto Blue Jays
Derek Jeter - SS Fred Lewis - LF
Nick Swisher - RF Aaron Hill - 2B
Mark Teixeira - 1B Adam Lind - DH
Alex Rodriguez - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Robinson Cano - 2B Jose Bautista - RF
Jorge Posada - DH Alex Gonzalez - SS
Kevin Russo - LF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Francisco Cervelli - C John Buck - C
Brett Gardner - CF Edwin Encarnacion - 3B

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's Title comes from Return of the Jedi (GO BAUTISTA WOOOO!)