All I ever wanted was a single thing worth fighting for. Gm 58 Yankees @ Jays

New, 735 comments

It's getaway day, sweep day... and um... Sunday.

We have played a great two games against the reigning world series champs. The first game we paved the way with home runs rolling over the Yanks 6-1, the second game was a long drawn out affair that became a battle of the bullpens lasting 14 innings before we played a bit of small ball to finish it off. And who scored the winning run? You guessed it. I love that video.

As much as yesterday's game was a great pitching duel by both the starters and the bullpens today has the potential to be an out and out slugfest. Vazquez continues his re-adjustment to the American league and so far it hasn't gone well, he started out April just god awful, got sent to the pen to work on some stuff. Had one relief appearance and then back to the rotation. He did ok last time out only giving up 1 run in 7 innings, but it was against the Orioles so it really doesn't count. Before that the Twins absolutely shelled the guy. He takes on our own enigma Brandon Morrow. This could get crazy or if Morrow is on again we have a very good chance to win. (Hows that for insight, if our pitcher does well we could win, if he doesn't it could get nuts, good stuff eh?)

2010 - Brandon Morrow 4-4 11 11 0 0 0 0 57.0 56 38 38 5 34 66 6.00 1.58

2010 - Javier Vazquez 4-5 10 9 0 0 0 0 49.0 50 33 33 10 23 43 6.06 1.49

Worth mentioning I suppose is that when Molina catches Morrow he has an ERA of about 2.50. Or least some random person tweeted me that was the case. I don't really feel like going back and cross-referencing the games where Molina caught. So YAY for unverifiied facts!

I don't want to even venture a guess on whos available in the pen tonight. I only ones for sure would be Lewis, Purcey and Frasor as none of them pitched yesterday. However with the extra day off tomorrow I imagine Downs or Gregg could be used as well.

As per the BlueJays twitter feed, there are some changes for today's lineup. EE is going to take a seat for the day and Bautista will be manning the hot corner. Reed will take right field with Molina behind the plate. Molina will bat 9th and Reed 8th. Everything else will be the same.

NON BASEBALL LINKS: Concept art for Captain America has been leaked. Well leaked is probably a strong word, most likely done on purpose to drum up interest for the movie, but I gotta say I like the look. Looks like they updated the suit to make it look more practical. The texture of it makes it look like a Kevlar type material. And even the suspenders don't look silly. There are also leaked pictures for Thor here. I am less thrilled about Thor, but I'm not sure a good Thor movie can be pulled off regardless so I may be biased.

Tune in after the jump for series info and Lineups (Please note that I may be out at the time the thread goes live so if they are not posted can someone please post the lineups in the comments? Thanks!)

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-0

Fri 06/04 WP: Brett Cecil (6 - 2)
LP: A.J. Burnett (6 - 3)
6 - 1 win
Sat 06/05 WP: Casey Janssen (4 - 0)
LP: Chad Gaudin (0 - 3)
3 - 2 win

New York Yankees
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Sunday, Jun 6, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Javier Vazquez vs Brandon Morrow

Mostly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 60.

Complete Coverage >

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Avatar