4.bp.blogspot.com"> clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

You put one leg in front of the other over and over again really really fast. Gm 59 - Jays @ Rays

New, 304 comments
Don't hate. Appreciate. Check out <a>Bluejayhunter.com</a> for more info. via <a href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OvmuvHN8HnM/TA283blPzZI/AAAAAAAACJE/cxNONP5OISo/s1600/BAS+Shirt+1+White.jpg">4.bp.blogspot.com</a>
Don't hate. Appreciate. Check out Bluejayhunter.com for more info. via 4.bp.blogspot.com

Its revenge time *cue Rocky music*.

Last time we faced the Rays was all the way back on May 31st to June 2nd. For those of you that may be getting up there in years and have trouble remember that far back, Let. Me. Recap. That. For. You. /facepalm. Through my own keen powers of observation and intellect I deduced that series vs the Rays.... sucked. So let's be better this time. Because any more late inning melt downs will drive me to drink.... drink more... go on a raging bender the likes of which has only been seen in The Hangover (and possibly Bender from Futurama)

Today we have a rematch of Niemann vs Tallet. Last time out Tallet pitched quite well for his first start off the DL. He had a couple of rough rehab starts but really put it together against the Rays. He went 5.2 innings of strong ball giving up only 4 hits while walking 3 and striking out 4. Niemann wasn't so fortunate, in his first start of the year against the powerhouse Jays (WOO!!!1) he made it into the 7th inning pitching 6.1 innings but he was hit around giving up 9 hits including 2 home runs. In total he ended up with 5ER. It was by far his worst start of the year. Just too bad we couldn't hold on to give him his first loss of the year. Let's do better this time.

2010 - Brian Tallet 1-1 4 4 0 0 0 0 23.1 21 14 12 6 9 16 4.63 1.29

2010 - Jeff Niemann 5-0 11 11 0 0 0 0 71.0 57 22 22 8 21 45 2.79 1.10

For lineup news. McCoy will be in at Shortstop. (I know I was surprised he was still here too). Apparently both John McDonald and Alex Gonzalez are away from the team for personal reasons. Alex is expected back tomorrow. McCoy bats in the 9 spot behind Buck and Encarnacion.

Tune in after the jump for series info and lineups.

Current Series

3 game series vs Rays @ Tropicana Field

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Tampa Bay Rays

Tuesday, Jun 8, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Tropicana Field

Brian Tallet vs Jeff Niemann

. Game time temperature around .

Complete Coverage >

Wed 06/09 7:10 PM EDT
Thu 06/10 7:10 PM EDT

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays

06/08/10 7:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Tampa Bay Rays
Fred Lewis - LF B.J. Upton - CF
Aaron Hill - 2B Sean Rodriguez - 2B
Adam Lind - DH Evan Longoria - 3B
Vernon Wells - CF Ben Zobrist - RF
Jose Bautista - RF Willy Aybar - DH
Lyle Overbay - 1B Kelly Shoppach - C
John Buck - C Carlos Pena - 1B
Edwin Encarnacion - 3B Gabe Kapler - LF
Mike McCoy - SS Reid Brignac - SS

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go!

Today's title comes from Run Fatboy Run in a particular funny exchange that I have actually had in real life. You see there is this place called the Running Room here in London Ontario and they have a class that is called "Learn to Run", now I know this is about building up stamina and what not but when I first heard about it I asked a co-worker since she was taking the class if she messed up walking. Left Foot Right Foot Left Foot Right Foot Right Foot. DAMN!