Brian Tallet Shelled, Jays Lose 9-0

New, 29 comments

Blue Jays 9 Rays 0

So now the Brian Tallet Return to the Rotation tour has had one good stop and one bad stop, maybe we could shorten the tour. Tallet went 4 innings, gave up 6 hits, 5 earned, 1 walk, 3 k and a homer to take the loss.

Rommie Lewis came in and didn't fair any better, 4 earned in 1.2 innings, 4 hits, 2 walks and a homer. Casey Janssen and David Purcey finished off the game well but by then it was too late.

Offensively we did nothing, 2 hits and a walk. Lind had one of the hits and the walk, Mike McCoy had the other hit, filling him for Alex Gonzalez who missed the game due to 'personal reasons', as did John McDonald, who is with his ailing dad.

No Jays of the Day today. Suckage is Tallet (-.122 WPA).

Tomorrow Shaun Marcum goes up against David Price. Hopefully we can get him some runs.