Las Vegas beat Salt Lake 9-8 for its second consecutive win by that margin:
- Brett Wallace DHed and was 2-4 with two singles and a walk
- J.P. Arencibia was 1-4 with yet another home run, his 23rd of the season.
Josh Roenicke got the win despite giving up 4 runs in an inning and a third.
- Jesse Carlson pitched well in relief (1 1/3 innings, 1 K, 1 hit, no walks or runs)
New Hampshire put the hurt on Binghampton, 10-2:
Kyle Drabek got the win with an excellent outing - 6 scoreless innings, 5 hits (3 were doubles so he was pretty fortunate not giving up any runs but still), with 5 Ks and 1 walk. When guys were making contact against Kyle, it was on the ground - he had 9 groundouts and just 3 outs in the air. 3.03 ERA for Kyle now, with 46 walks and 85 Ks over 113 innings.
- Trystan Magnuson pitched a scoreless 9th. 1 K, 1 hit, no walks. 40/7 K/BB ratio over 47 innings.
- Darrin Mastroianni was 2-5 with a walk. He also stole his 32nd base of the season. .305/.406/.399
David Cooper was 2-5 with a double. .235/.295/.439 with 34 extra-base hits. 1.170 OPS over his last 10 games.
- Shawn Bowman was 2-4 with a 3 run home run, his 16th of the season.
Brian Jeroloman was 2-5 with his 7th homer of the season. .278/.446/.455.
Eric Thames was 1-3 with a triple and 2 walks. He really seems to have a nice eye at the plate. .279/.359/.480.
Travis Snider was 0-4 with 3 strikeouts. He did have an RBI.
Dunedin lost 7-6 to Brevard County:
- Travis d'Arnaud was 2-6 with a double. .282/.329/.441.
- Mark Sobolewski was 2-5 with a couple of RBI.
- B^3 friend Brad McElroy was 3-4 with a walk.
- Justin McClanahan was 2-5 with a home run. .255/.322/.396.
- Chad Jenkins had a not-great start, getting through 5 innings while giving up 4 runs. He did strike out 3 and walk just 1 and he was getting plenty of grounders (8 GO/3 AO) so maybe just bad luck/bad defense. Jenkins has a 6.04 ERA in four starts since his promotion.
Lansing shut out Great Lakes 6-0:
- Egan Smith had a great start, going 6 scoreless innings with a walk and 5 Ks.
- Kenneth Wilson was 1-4 with two walks. .233/.355/.287.
- Chris Hopkins was 2-5 and stole 3 bases. .277/.374/.328.
- Ryan Goins was 0-1 but walked 4 times. .313/.387/.426.
- Sean Ochinko played first base and was 2-5 with a steal. .286/.346/.437
- Eric Eiland also had four walks and stole a base.
- A.J. Jiminez was 1-4 with a walk from the catcher's spot. .305/.355/.447
Ryan Schimpf, Justin Jackson, and Kevin Ahrens each had a hit.
Auburn lost 4-3 to Hudson Valley:
- Lance Durham hit his 4th home run of the young season.
- Matt Johnson also homered, and that was about it for Auburn's notable offensive performances
- Jesse Hernandez started and pitched 5 scoreless innings, striking out 6 and walking 2.
The GCL Jays dropped one to the GCL Yankees 7-2:
- Jake Marsinick was 3-4 with a double. .293/.391/.483.
- Bryson Namba was 2-3 with 2 doubles. .241/.314/.483.
Title from Belle and Sebastian's song "Dogs on Wheels."