clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Everybody put on their best straightjacket - Gm 132 - Jays @ Rays

Sorry about the short post yesterday. I was in a really foul mood after the day I had. There wasn't anything particularly bad about the day it was just a bad one all around. So when I got home I just kind of wanted to lock the door put on headphones and drift off. Unfortunately all I had in my CD player at the time was a Dora Sing-A-Long and a Looney Toons christmas sing-a-long. I suppose I could have went and found another CD but truth be told I don't have a great collection, most of my money is spent on Blu-Rays and DVD's and things of the like.

Oh and don't think I didn't notice those who said it was my best work to date. I just have one thing to say to you. BAM!

On the mound today we have the unenviable task of taking on All-Star David Price. We have had to face Price 3 times this year and he has picked up the win each time. First he threw a complete game shutout against us, striking out 9 and only surrendering 4 hits and 1BB. Next he threw 8 innings, he did give up 2 un-earned runs on 9 hits. The bright point? In that second outing against us he only struck out 3, MORAL VICTORY! Lastly he won again throwing 6innings and only giving up 1 run (earned), he was a bit wild that game giving up 5BB's 4H's with 4K's but we weren't able to capitalize.

So taking all of this into account.... we're due right?

2010 - Shaun Marcum 11-7 25 25 1 0 0 0 157.0 146 67 63 20 35 130 3.61 1.15

2010 - David Price 15-6 25 25 2 1 0 0 164.2 143 62 55 12 65 154 3.01 1.26

In the lineup today, we are going to play the freshly called up JP Arencibia in the DH spot, he will take the 8th spot in the lineup batting ahead of McCoy playing SS. McDonald gets another start at 3B and bats second in the lineup. You can almost hear the other teams laughing. Lewis is still in the lineup leading off and what does all of this mean? Snider is sitting again. Overbay and Escobar are both still out it seems and I haven't heard any new updates.

Tune in after the jump for lineups and series info

Current Series

3 game series vs Rays @ Tropicana Field

Mon 08/30 2 - 6 loss
Tue 08/31 WP: Ricky Romero (11 - 8)
LP: Jeff Niemann (10 - 5)
13 - 5 win

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Tampa Bay Rays

Wednesday, Sep 1, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Tropicana Field

Shaun Marcum vs David Price

. Game time temperature around .

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays

09/01/10 7:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Tampa Bay Rays
Fred Lewis - LF B.J. Upton - CF
John McDonald - 3B Dezmond Jennings - RF
Jose Bautista - RF Carl Crawford - LF
Vernon Wells - CF Evan Longoria - 3B
Adam Lind - 1B Carlos Pena - 1B
John Buck - C Sean Rodriguez - 2B
Aaron Hill - 2B Brad Hawpe - DH
J.P. Arencibia - DH Dioner Navarro - C
Mike McCoy - SS Jason Bartlett - SS

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from one of the first episodes of Fringe in season 1.