clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

We have top men working on it now - Who? - Top... men - Gm 141 - Rays @ Jays

Man o man was today a bad one. One of those days where it seemed like anything that crossed your desk took longer to do and the clock just dragged. Add that to the fact that it seemed like I had to research a bunch of stuff today just to catch up it felt like I was going to pass out at my desk. Well it was the either the work that made me feel like I was going to pass out or the fact that I stayed up until 2 in the morning playing PS3.... I'm sure it was the first one though....

Moving on! We kick off a series with the dreaded Rays today. Pitching for us is the much celebrated and debated Brett Cecil. Recently Drew from Ghostrunner on First wrote an article about Cecil about how he is worried for his future success due to some advance statistics and his reliance on his newly developed change up. I'd like to take this moment to calmly reply... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTT. That is all. I still love Cecil. We are taking on James Shields who has had some amazing games against us, but I love beating him (almost as much as beating Garza and that goatee of his) so hopefully we can hit him around some.

2010 - Brett Cecil 12-7 24 24 0 0 0 0 153.0 140 69 64 15 49 108 3.76 1.24

2010 - James Shields 13-12 29 28 0 0 0 0 175.2 204 105 96 30 43 164 4.92 1.41

For the lineup Wise gets to stick in the lineup at leadoff and takes over in RF for Snider. Snider gets to stay in the lineup (I know, I was shocked too) playing LF and batting 9th. Lind is back in the lineup as DH batting 7th with Buck behind the plate and batting 8th.

Tune in after the jump for lineups and Series info.

Current Series

3 game series vs Rays @ Rogers Centre

Tampa Bay Rays
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, Sep 10, 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

James Shields vs Brett Cecil

Mostly clear. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 09/11 1:07 PM EDT
Sun 09/12 1:07 PM EDT

Lineup

Tampa Bay Rays @ Toronto Blue Jays

09/10/10 7:07 PM EDT

Tampa Bay Rays Toronto Blue Jays
B.J. Upton - CF DeWayne Wise - RF
Jason Bartlett - SS Yunel Escobar - SS
Carl Crawford - LF Jose Bautista - 3B
Evan Longoria - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Carlos Pena - 1B Lyle Overbay - 1B
Sean Rodriguez - 2B Aaron Hill - 2B
Rocco Baldelli - DH Adam Lind - DH
Ben Zobrist - RF John Buck - C
Kelly Shoppach - C Travis Snider - LF

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Raiders of the Lost Ark.