clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory - Gm 142 - Rays @ Jays

Well game 1 of the series was certainly interesting, if you had just tuned in to watch the early part of the game you might have assumed it was all over. If it is one thing I have learned about the Jays this year is they are never out of it, especially with their uncanny ability to hit the long ball.

And how about that Jose Bautista? A monster, I know some people were beginning to question whether or not he could pull out the 50 dingers if his slump lasted into September and it wasn't looking good there for awhile but all of a sudden he is back on track. Amazing. Who called him a bench/platoon player this year huh? Who?!?!?.... Oh right that was me. Oops.

Romero tries to secure his 13th win on the season which would tie his rookie campaign. I really hope people just don't look at his wins and decide that he didn't take a step forward this year. Yes his record is looking similar but he has gone further and deeper into games, Struck out more while lowering his BB and Hs allowed. He has been great this year and it would be a shame for someone to belittle that because he "only" has 12 or so wins.

2010 - Ricky Romero 12-8 28 28 3 1 0 0 187.0 168 84 73 13 71 155 3.51 1.28

2010 - Wade Davis 11-9 24 24 0 0 0 0 139.1 141 68 68 22 54 90 4.39 1.40

In the lineup we have Molina behind the plate, Snider sticks around in the lineup playing LF, Lewis is back in for Wise and leads off playing the RF corner. Lind is back at DH again.

Tune in after the jump for lineups and Series info.

Current Series

Rays lead the series 1-0

Fri 09/10 WP: Joaquin Benoit (1 - 2)
SV: Rafael Soriano
LP: Kevin Gregg (1 - 5)
8 - 9 loss

Tampa Bay Rays
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Saturday, Sep 11, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Wade Davis vs Ricky Romero

Mostly sunny. Winds blowing in from center field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 09/12 1:07 PM EDT

Widget isn't working so here are the lineups:

http://twitpic.com/2nepyy

EDIT: Working now

Lineup

Tampa Bay Rays @ Toronto Blue Jays

09/11/10 1:07 PM EDT

Tampa Bay Rays Toronto Blue Jays
B.J. Upton - CF Fred Lewis - RF
Jason Bartlett - SS Yunel Escobar - SS
Carl Crawford - LF Jose Bautista - 3B
Evan Longoria - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Ben Zobrist - RF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Carlos Pena - 1B Aaron Hill - 2B
Sean Rodriguez - 2B Adam Lind - DH
Brad Hawpe - DH Jose Molina - C
Kelly Shoppach - C Travis Snider - LF

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom.