clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up. - Gm 143 - Rays @ Jays

I hate facing Niemann. I just really don't like the guy and I can't tell you why, Maybe it was from before he had the beard he reminded me of Jeff Daniels and I was never a big fan of him. Or maybe its just because he pitches for the Rays and I have large dislike for the Rays haven't their recent accomplishments.

It wasn't so much the recent accomplishments that made me dislike the Rays, its how the fanbase became. All of a sudden there was a ton of Rays fans everywhere, damn bandwagon jumpers. Add the seemingly large number of fairweather fans with the constant reminders from members of the media saying how the Jays were doing it all wrong and said they should follow the Rays model of building. Of course they leave out how absolutely awful the Rays were for so many years. All of us can easily remember when the Rays were the laughing stock of the league. They had Crawford and not much else. Then all of their draft picks start working out a little better, throw in some good trades in picking up Garza for the declining Young and they went from nothing to top of the line almost overnight.

Marcum takes the mound for the Jays looking to get us back on track and salvage one victory from this series.

2010 - Shaun Marcum 12-7 27 27 1 0 0 0 170.0 157 71 67 22 39 145 3.55 1.15

2010 - Jeff Niemann 10-6 25 25 1 1 0 0 151.1 140 73 72 23 52 111 4.28 1.27

The lineup today features Wise back in RF and leading off, Snider keeps his position in LF, that's his 4th start in a row. WOO! Buck is back behind the plate. No JPA sighting, rumours have him taking up the position of team waterboy and knitting in his new found spare time.

Tune in after the jump for Lineups and Series info.

Current Series

Rays lead the series 2-0

Fri 09/10 WP: Joaquin Benoit (1 - 2)
SV: Rafael Soriano
LP: Kevin Gregg (1 - 5)
8 - 9 loss
Sat 09/11 WP: Wade Davis (12 - 9)
LP: Ricky Romero (12 - 9)
1 - 13 loss

Tampa Bay Rays
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Sunday, Sep 12, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Jeff Niemann vs Shaun Marcum

Mostly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing out to right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Tampa Bay Rays @ Toronto Blue Jays

09/12/10 1:07 PM EDT

Tampa Bay Rays Toronto Blue Jays
B.J. Upton - CF DeWayne Wise - RF
Jason Bartlett - SS Yunel Escobar - SS
Sean Rodriguez - 2B Jose Bautista - 3B
Evan Longoria - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Rocco Baldelli - DH Lyle Overbay - 1B
Ben Zobrist - RF Aaron Hill - 2B
Dioner Navarro - C Adam Lind - DH
Brad Hawpe - 1B John Buck - C
Desmond Jennings - LF Travis Snider - LF

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title comes from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.