clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Blue Jays Name Jay Sartori Assistant GM

Here is the press release:

SARTORI NAMED ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS are pleased to announce the following appointment to the baseball operations department.

JAY SARTORI has been appointed to the position of Assistant General Manager. The Lynnfield, Massachusetts native, most recently was the Director, Baseball Operations for the Washington Nationals organization. Prior to his appointment with the Nationals, he had spent the previous four years as Manager of Salary and Management Administration in Major League baseball's Labor Relations Department. The 31-year old provided advice and interpretations of the Basic Agreement and Major League Rules to all 30 clubs, having expert knowledge of salary arbitration & Rule 4 Draft bonuses recommendations, while serving as the primary contact for Club personnel regarding Major League contract issues. A graduate of Boston College with a Finance and MIS degree, Sartori previously had experience in the investment banking industry working for Robertson Stephens and Pacific Growth Equities.

Tom Back: I really don't know enough about Jay to say anything of value about this, but I do trust that Alex Anthopoulos knows what he is doing.