clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Wiggle your big toe - Gm 144 - Jays @ O's

Another day, Another game not on TV .... OH WAIT A MINUTE! It is on TV, look at that a game with the O's with Rzep pitching is the game they leave on the regular channel. I am sure no one wanted to watch Drabek on Wednesday anyways an would rather watch these two duke it out.

Poor Scrabble has really taken a step back this year. With his strikeout potential and going into Spring traning he was actually penciled into the starting rotation. Then he got hit with an injury, coupled with a great spring for Dana Eveland and the inexplicable inclusion of Brian Tallet as our number 2 kept him out of the rotation for most of the year. Then when he finally gets called up not only does it look like he hasn't improved from last year but actually may have taken a step back. Going into this year I thought our Rotation would be Marcum, Romero, Morrow, Cecil and Rzep from the start. Needless to say I wasn't happy with Tallet from the start.

Unfortunately with the way he has pitched Rzep has done nothing to secure his position as a starter and it is looking more and more like the Jays may have to move him to the pen if they want him to be a useful big league arm. With Drabek getting the call up he will definitely get a look out of Spring Training next year and we could very well be looking at a rotation of Marcum, Romero, Cecil, Morrow and Drabek. Not too shabby. For the record I never would have thought Drabek would get the call this year and didn't think he would break camp at all next year, now I am not too sure.

2010 - Marc Rzepczynski 1-4 10 8 0 0 0 0 40.1 51 30 29 6 20 31 6.47 1.76

2010 - Brian Matusz 8-12 28 28 0 0 0 0 156.2 163 86 82 18 56 121 4.71 1.40

Brian Matusz has only faced the Jays once this year and was absolutely rocked in that short outing. He only lasted the 1.2 innings giving up 6ER on 5 hits and 2BBs, he gave up a Grand Slam HR to Yunel Escobar which was his first HR of the year and first as a BlueJay (also first Grand Slam for the Jays on the year).

In the Lineup still not JPA sighting even though we are playing a non-contender. Lewis and Wise are out of the lineup as EE has been activated and put back at 3rd base. Bautista swings back out to the OF and plays RF. Snider leads off and plays LF. I don't understand why he bats 9th when Wise or Lewis are in the lineup but lead off when they aren't. My mind just can't rationalize that train of thought. I try. I really do but I start to go cross-eyed and start thinking about random things that pop into my head.

Tune in after the jump for Lineups and Series Info.

Current Series

3 game series vs Orioles @ Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Baltimore Orioles

Monday, Sep 13, 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Marc Rzepczynski vs Brian Matusz

Clear. Winds blowing from left to right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Tue 09/14 7:05 PM EDT
Wed 09/15 7:05 PM EDT

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles

09/13/10 7:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Baltimore Orioles
Travis Snider - LF Brian Roberts - 2B
Yunel Escobar - SS Robert Andino - SS
Jose Bautista - RF Nick Markakis - RF
Vernon Wells - CF Ty Wigginton - 3B
Lyle Overbay - 1B Jake Fox - DH
Aaron Hill - 2B Adam Jones - CF
Adam Lind - DH Matt Wieters - C
John Buck - C Nolan Reimold - LF
Edwin Encarnacion - 3B Brandon Snyder - 1B

Keep it Civil (I'm looking at you Craig) and Go Jays Go!

Today's title comes from Kill Bill Vol.1