clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey. Gm 145 - Jays @ O's

Well that was a sad way to lose our unbeaten streak against the O's. I hate to sound like a broken record but I have to echo the senitments Tom expressed in his recap and his post on Cito today. I just don't understand the rationale in sending out Tallet for the extra last inning, especially with the extra arms in the pen. One thing I will say is how much better the O's look under their new manager. Looks like a completely different team from earlier this year..... or maybe that has to do with Roberts being back... On that note he is sitting out this game after being hit by a pitch last game.

Considering the way Rzep has pitched since his call back to the big leagues I am surprised it stayed as close as it did. He still throws way to many pitches per inning which ultimately will be his downfall. He does have the ability to miss some bats but with the number of walks I guess you could call him effectively wild.

Today on the hill, Shawn Hill makes his second start as a Blue Jay taking on the rookie Jake Arrieta who has had his troubles pitching for the lackluster O's this year.

2010 - Shawn Hill 0-1 1 1 0 0 0 0 5.1 8 4 3 0 1 2 5.06 1.69

2010 - Jake Arrieta 5-6 17 17 0 0 0 0 94.1 102 57 52 9 47 47 4.96 1.58

There are no lineup changes from last nights lineup which means so far Cito wasn't joking as Snider gets another start in LF and leads off again. He has played most of September and this is his 6th start in a row.

Tune in after the jump for Series info and Lineups.

Current Series

Orioles lead the series 1-0

Mon 09/13 WP: David Hernandez (7 - 8)
LP: Brian Tallet (2 - 6)
3 - 4 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Baltimore Orioles

Tuesday, Sep 14, 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Shawn Hill vs Jake Arrieta

Mostly clear. Winds blowing in from left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Wed 09/15 7:05 PM EDT

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles