So it begins the future is now..... what? Who? No I'm not talking about Kyle whatshisname, I am talking about the beginning of the end for rest of the cable and satellite hold outs. Soon you will all be infected with the ailment known as Sportsnet One and you soon will be sitting there absentmindedly watching Poker and the Red Bull Air Races as the money slowly escapes your wallet and into the Rogers Media Corporation. You can try to escape it. Its too late. Soon Rogers will change their official name to Skynet and the end of world is coming.

Ugh, You still want to talk about Drabek? Geez, you think this was a baseball blog or something. Fine Fine. Drabek the crown jewel of the Roy Halladay trade makes his big league debut tonight and will surely catch the view of many in baseball. Drabek is billed as a future ace and has already gone through Tommy John Surgery and seemed to come out just as well afterwards. He threw a no hitter for the Fisher Cats this year while accumulating a record of 14-9 with a tidy 2.94 ERA. He has 132Ks vs 68BBs in 162IP on the year and his opponents AVG was .215. He really has had a great year and its nice for the organization to recognize this and give him the September starts. This certainly puts him in a better position to compete for a spot in the rotation next year. If you had asked me before I didn't think he would have got called this year and would have been set for a mid-season call up next year and a spot on opening day 2012. Now Im not too sure.

Kyle Drabek

#4 / Pitcher / Toronto Blue Jays

6-0

185

Dec 08, 1987

2010 - Brad Bergesen 6-10 26 24 1 0 0 0 143.0 171 94 84 22 44 70 5.29 1.50

For the Lineup today Bautista moves into third base and DeWayne Wise takes over in RF and leads off. Snider is back in LF and back in the 9th spot in the order. Looks like Cito wasn't joking when he said Snider was the guy we need to play. Nice string of starts going in September. Of course the lineup is going to play second fiddle to the pitching matchup tonight.

Still no JPA but I don't mind tonight as he has not played with Drabek all year and with his MLB debut it would be nice for Drabek to have a more seasoned pro behind the plate. That being said it is kinda crazy that JPA hasn't received a single start since his recall.

Tune in after the jump for Series info and Lineups.

Current Series

Orioles lead the series 2-0

Mon 09/13 WP: David Hernandez (7 - 8)
LP: Brian Tallet (2 - 6)
3 - 4 loss
Tue 09/14 WP: Jake Arrieta (6 - 6)
LP: Shawn Hill (0 - 2)
3 - 11 loss

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Baltimore Orioles

Wednesday, Sep 15, 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Kyle Drabek vs Brad Bergesen

Mostly clear. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles

09/15/10 7:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Baltimore Orioles
DeWayne Wise - RF Brian Roberts - 2B
Yunel Escobar - SS Nick Markakis - RF
Jose Bautista - 3B Ty Wigginton - 3B
Vernon Wells - CF Luke Scott - 1B
Lyle Overbay - 1B Felix Pie - LF
Aaron Hill - 2B Adam Jones - CF
Adam Lind - DH Matt Wieters - C
John Buck - C Corey Patterson - DH
Travis Snider - LF Cesar Izturis - SS

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Today's title from Back to the Future III.